Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 11:30 PM by xcjgllc

Help getting my brand & merchandise out there...

Mlljr14 Wayfarer

I'm looking into starting a fashion jewelry business and I was wondering the best methods for me to start getting my brand and label and products out there so in the community to help bring business and etc. I want to sale my products in other boutiques and with other companies. Not really as a whole sale but in a way of working together, networking.

• Re: Help getting my brand & merchandise out there...
          LUCKIEST Guide

Welcome, It would help if we knew more about you and how soon you plan on starting

It would also depend on how you plan to market your product.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

Mlljr14 Wayfarer

Well, I'm actually 19 just graduated from high school.  I would like to start within atLeast a month and expand over time. I have actually been developing this business idea for a couple months and I think I am ready to make something happen. I would like to market my product on the Internet, on my website. And I am also in the process of coming up with a self employment package for others who would be interested in selling my products and receive commission as a second income. They will have a small booklet catalog to sell from that I will send,in the mail. After their application is reviewed and approved by me.

Sophia_Myles Tracker

For jewelry, I think an exhibition or a trade fair will be most helful in building up a brand. Look for these kind of activety in your region first and step out later. You may gain your name by time. Also, it will be good if you can find some large names to work together, they can help in many ways.

Mlljr14 Wayfarer

I actually started at a trade show. A friend had a booth. I just so happen to make her a bracelet and earrings for her birthday, she and a lot of others were so amazed at the quality of the jewelry that I made, that they suggested I look into trade shows (at the time I had never heard of a trade show). After they enlightened me on trade shows I went and got a booth and made over $500, but I only did it for a month.

Ranger

Hello Kayden! Welcome to the community. You ask some good questions . I'm looking forward to reading what other community members suggest to you. Keep us updated on your story!

Joleen

xcjgllc Newbie

Ms. Mlljr14.

It truly makes me when I see someone as young as yourself trying to make it in the business world, so I wish you the best of luck. Now, before I give you my opinion I wish to let you know that being an entrepreneur is not an easy job, but you must have a great support system because you are seeking help and not showing fear.

Now to my advice, having a booth in a trade show is a start, but think to yourself how many people are seeing your product? I'll tell you, only the one's that see your booth. Consider this, if you create a website your clientele will be seen by anyone who finds it (your website), but if you link yourself to for example eBay. Almost everyone who shops online goes to eBay at least once. Linking your product with eBay will get your product noticed, and if your making your products yourself all you should need is inventory. If you want to look into making your own website, look for one that can get your name to as much search engines as possible. Also look for one that will allow you to create your website to your liking. I for example use Yahoo small business website. It allowed me to create a website (more or less) to my liking, and it was in my price range. Try it for one year, to see how it works. My website for example is http://www.xtreemcleanjanitorialgroupllc.com , remember to have your work proof read and be creative. One more thing I do is, whenever I visit I business I would like to create a clientele I leave a business card. I have actually received calls from clients that are  patrons to the business I visited at one point. I wish you the best of luck in your decisions. If you could, let me know how it goes.

Frankie Camacho