Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 3:18 AM by techguide

Help With Idea Please

Steve Adventurer

I am a 56 year old Male with extra time on weekends. Would love to start a home based business but not sure how to go about how to do it.

This business is in the weight loss field, coaching others to lose weight. A few years back I had lost 200 pounds and would love to teach others how to do the same.

Just not sure this is something that can be done online or not.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

• Re: Help With Idea Please
          Sophia_Myles Tracker

Definitely this can be done online. And concerning your main "product" will be weight-losing experience, it's more convinient to do it through the internet. However, as we all know, it takes time & energy to run a website for your own. So my suggestion is to start from some forums where you can get attention & build up your brand. You can get to know people there and have further contact with customers through phone/email.

techguide Wayfarer

Many people coach online, but it's not so easy. The first and most important thing you need to have is a website telling about you, your experience and coaching program.

2 ways you can coach online - by 1) givng personal training through skype 2) recording instructions or training for each week and let members access it.

Once you decide your model, have your website ready, you can start letting people know about your coaching program. Start with targeting people in your local area, city and

once you eshtablish reputation, keep expanding your circle. If you have any questions, let me know.

CorpCons08 Ranger

Steve,

I love the desire to help others, it's a wonderful thing. This type of business venture could definitely be started online, but there are other alternatives as well. Being a personal coach for someones health, I have often found that local coaches are more sought after than those online. The reason is, without a coach being local and available to clients, what's to stop those clients from cheating on their dietary plans or losing focus without someone local to keep them on track. Your success story is amazing, but many people don't have the passion or desire to succeed like you have. Have you thought about taking on local clients in your community to start and see how that goes? It may be a great starting place.

Regards,

Dan

Steve Adventurer

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I would love nothing more than to show others how to lose weight. The problem with doing it local is I would need a place to do this and also most of the clients would be female.

Now don't get me wrong I am fine wIth working with females but a little worried about bring alone in a room with one. I am also a certified Hypnotest and I would also use hypnosis in my plan to help others lose weight.

I could rent a place and add security cameras but that is a huge expense to begin with.

Doing this out of my house seems a little creepy to me and I am sure others especially a female would feel the same. That's why on-line seemed the way to go. I am currently working with my wife's friend and having great results with a loss of 45+ pounds.

I am just having a very hard time getting started, once I get going I will be fine.

Thanks

Steve

CorpCons08 Ranger

Steve,

I agree. Doing it at your home location, alone with female clients, could be inappropriate.

What about holding a class or something where you can have several people present? There are many locations where you could hold such a class and it wouldn't cost much, if anything. A lot of public places allow for better living sessions, including weight loss.

Regards,

Dan

Steve Adventurer

Hi Dan,

I thought about holding classes on this subject and yes, this could be one approach to this sort of business. But I am going by my GUT here and will explain the best I can why this wouldn't work for me.

I believe losing weight the proper way is a personal process. It's not something you can go to a class and learn or else they would be teaching this in school. My experience with weight loss is very personal. It took me over 40 years to figure this out but I finally did it and I did it in a very personal way. Weight loss is not calories in verses exercise as a loss... it's more how your brain and your body as one... Your conscious and subconscious mind working together and not against each-other. My diet was never a diet as we all know it... it was more me getting to understand me... and telling myself what to do. Losing 200 pounds took me 2.9 years but during the process I never gained a pound... I was consistently losing weight and there was not really to much effort during the process. Don't get me wrong, I worked my butt off but it was satisfying... every day got better and better. Before my 200 pound weight loss I actually lost weight... and kept it off...

My statistics are as follows:

Highest weight 475, 1988

First diet down to 384, 1995

Loss of: 91 pounds

Re-start at 384 in April 2008

End 198 February 2011

200 Pounds Lost from Restart

Current Weight: 184 pounds

291 Pounds Total Pounds Lost

So that's my story, this is not the best thing to do in a group setting, there are emotions, mood swings, deep talk and hypnosis... meditation... needing a quiet setting. I was putting sessions on MP3 files for my friends to use with there iPods. It worked for some but this process can't be guaranteed because it's all about the person and there ability to learn to focus.

Thanks

Steve

Ranger

Hi Steve, Welcome to the community . As you can see, we have a lot of members here that are eager and willing to help. Feel free to ask for ideas . Let us know what you decide to do ! Keep us updated .

Joleen