Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2011 4:20 PM by Care giver

    LLC and S Corp Convert and Co-exist

    Care giver Newbie

      We have a LLC which consist of 2 DBAs in 2 locations, I want to pull one of the DBAs out and convert to a S corp leaving only the other DBA inside the LLC.

      Can I do that and what is the best way of doing it.We have employees in both locations paid using the same EDD acccount with one Tax ID.

      Currently I have only 1 FEIN number and EDD account number for the LLC, and the LLC is formed and operated in California.

      Can I Just create a new S Corp with a new Tax ID & a new EDD account and transfer all the employees into that account (from the DBA location I need to convert?

      thank you very much in advance