Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 11:27 AM by Moderator_MoniE

Holiday Marketing Push: What, if anything, will you do differently?

As you know, this Saturday, November 26th has been dubbed "Small Business Saturday"! For those who missed an earlier discussion about this, SBS has been designated as a day to support merchants in our local communities across the U.S.

Most large business entities focus on Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday and that's fine for them, but what about the "little guy"? Started in November of last year, SBS answered that by giving small businesses a day to shine. SBS is a nice reminder to consumers not to forget to patronize those businesses that depend on them the most.

With the holidays in our headlights, what strategies will you utilize to draw in customers to your product or services? Will you take advantage of things like SBS and build a marketing campaign around this growing concept, offer specials at varying times of the day or night, or simply continue to market yourself with your tried and true methods? Steve Strauss has a new article in the community titled "5 Ways To Rise Above The Noise of Holiday Promotions" that contains some great promotional ideas and advice that you might find helpful! Be sure to give it a read then check your ideas against it! It could save you from potential mistakes!

Consumers, once you've gotten all of your Black Friday deals in hand, will you also choose to participate in SBS to support your local businesses?

Personally, I'm staying home on Black Friday to rest up for Small Business Saturday! Not only do we hope to have many customers in our establishment (honey products fit nicely into gift baskets!) but I have a lot of local shops to visit so I can complete my own holiday shopping! Tell us your plans!

All the best,