Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2011 3:43 PM by Clear Presence Media

Email marketing any good?

orbital config Tracker

Hello,I am on the way to try to market my business more, I am kinda to myself person and needing a way to contact people to advertise. I was wondering if anybody knows if email-txt-social marketing worked for them. All the email marketing software I see around kinda is programs that manage your own contacts - creat groups - and all these fun things to do. I can to this all in one click if you seen how many contacts I have (almost none) this is my problem, I need to find email addresses or contact info from people to advertise my work. I hear you can buy a block of email addresses but I don't find it on line, everything seems to run to a scam or it turns into the "email marketing software" again.

Anything or any suggestion will help bad or good, I'll take it for what it is worth anyways.

• Re: Email marketing any good?
          Tracker

Hello,

I wouldn't suggest E-mail marketing anymore.  People have become very adept at ignoring spam mail and also most e-mail has built in spam filter these days.  What type of business do you have?  That could help us make better recommendations to you based on the type.

~Paul

orbital config Tracker

I do a Graphics Design on any advertising a company would need, (small businesses= business cards and banners, post cards etc. I'm kinda shy and really do not have lots of time to socially mingle with people. I am all over the internet (google etc.) but of course knowbody knows about it, I am looking for more of a way to get some type of ad in front of them. I have advertised in books, zip cods, flyer in mail, and some other basic things, got some responces but do not feel it was utilized in a proper way, I think there is a way to do it more direct to each person without spending so much on advertising with big organizations.

alicenikolic Scout

It works but for that you need to send email’s to specific people not to everyone and don’t do this blindly. It’s better to promote your business into networking or specific community sites.

orbital config Tracker

O yes!!!! that's what I want to do, exactly.... Thanks alicenikolic, I see where your going with that, yes this helps me, I need to find out who needs the product, and your opertunities lies within those targeted areas, which is really your only oppertunities anyways. Sometimes it so hard because it is so easy.

Clear Presence Media Scout

Email marketing is still extremely effective. All you need to do is build a list of leads by giving them something they want. Make a newsletter that will benefit people within your niche. Hope this helps.

Navigator

Have you considered blogging about the things you know? Offering a few tid-bits of information here and there that might interest your target demographic in the form of a blog that you can then cross-link to on similar forums and blogs is a good way to get your name out. Then add a link to your blog from all of your social media outlets as well back linking from your blog to each of those mediums. When you think of why the internet is called the world-wide web, it's because of how everyone essentially links to one another in some form or another like a giant spider web. The idea is to make your own web within the web where all of your resources link together and ultimately back to where you want people to be ... your website! People like "free" and free information that is GOOD information will keep people coming back. When you post your blog link on other sites, provide some type of "freebie" or social interaction with it. It's annoying when someone just goes around spamming their blog or web link all over without actually taking the time to interact and be social and posts like that are generally ignored by consumers and sometimes even removed from communities as spam.

Also, try searching out blogs and social "friends" with similar (but not identical) demographics and audiences to share with. You recommend members who need their type of service to them in return for them sending ones needing your services to you. You can ad share and blog about each others services/experiences. It takes a little effort but you usually get out of it at least what you put into it.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you!

~Moni

riantindustrial Adventurer

Do not use software to make group mails that are all the same. It will all turn out to be spam mail. Try to search online to find the target customer email and email accordingly to each one. Then they maybe take some time to check your email.

Clear Presence Media Scout

Props to the moderators for deleting the spammers in this forum, and especially in this thread!