- Anthony, That is a great question. The main reason you went into business was to generate income.
- And in theory, the first time you make a sale, or invoice a customer, you are generating income.
- Maybe you want to change the question to "get off its feet and generate a PROFIT"??
- Big difference between income and profit.
- At this point we need more input, more info.
- When did your business start??
This question is very broad.
As LUCKIEST said, businesses generate income from their first sale.
To be profitable however, there is a lot to take into consideration.
That would depend on factors such as expenses, experience of the business owner, how much effort you put into obtaining clients, how much you do in sales, how much income you take out of the business for yourself, etc.
The list goes on and on. Since no two business are alike, it is almost impossible to tell when you would be profitable, simply by asking.
I would need a lot of information to help you learn when you would be profitable.