Post a new topic
    23 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2008 12:01 AM by SJCarpentry

Do You Stay Awake at Night Worrying??

LUCKIEST Guide
      Do You worry about Debt?? The Economy?? Energy Costs?? Global Warming??
      Inflation?? Home Land Securities?? Personal Problems??
      And What do you do to end the cycle??
      LUCKIEST
        • Re: Do You Stay Awake at Night Worrying??
          Iwrite Pioneer
          I did until my health forced me to stop. I care about those things but I cannot afford to let them keep me awake.

My doctor suggested I focus on the change I can make, and go to work on doing that. This allows me to see the effect I can have on society.

My mother died of breast cancer 3 years ago, I was crushed. My sister asked me to do a campaign about breast cancer so that maybe some other family would not go through what we did. I volunteered my service for free to an organization that fights breast cancer. The tv spots we produced for them are beautiful and impactful, there were so strong that the NFL gave the organization some of their tv time to run them during games. Somewhere during the process, I was so involved in making a difference that I stopped worrying about the porblems.

When I feel the weight of this world pressing down on me, I find a way to make a small difference.

This makes sense to me but it may be ramblings to others.
            NatOnline Tracker
            There is always something to worry about. Some things are more important than others.
              Buffalo Adventurer
              No I don't worry about things of that nature. It seems like a waste time and energy to worry about issues over which I have little or no control. That is not to say that on occasion they don't rattle around in my brain. :)
              Personal issues are of course a different matter. I've been know to lose some sleep occasionally. But lately I've been trying to develop goals or actions plans to help resolve those kinds of problems.
                CEO Space Scout
                Luckiest,

Do you?

I was surprised by this question.

No, I don't worry at all, ever.

I would suggest

http://www.abraham-hicks.com the article entitled "Life is Supposed to Be Good"

and all the free downloads.

Best to all,

Kathy
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger

"Life is trouble. Only death is not." - Alexis Zorba, Zorba the Greek

I believe that worry may be the least useful emotion we have. That doesn't mean I don't catch myself feeling worried sometimes, but I've always been able to draw on knowledge, skill, confidence, and faith to redefine and refocus the worries you mentioned (all part of life) before they cost me sleep or impact my health.
                    Y Golf Wayfarer
                    Hello Luckiest. I tend to be more concerned with global warming than anything else. No matter how much I read, I tend to not really be clear on how thishas occurred and what the real ramifications are down the line. It is part of the unknown that concerns me. I check each semester with the local universities to see if they offer a course on the subject and you can bet I will be in that class to further my knowledge.
                      mourak Wayfarer

very good question,its comment sense ,that you worry about things,but ill tell you this :as long you breath and eat ,sleep,.. it ll be part of your life,but the question how we can stop to be worry?
                      the answer is your faith,then to belief in your self, ,after that think outside the box not in.
                          JUXTAPOZ13 Newbie
                          I worry so much about foolish things that I fear the important things I should worry about are slipping by. I cant help but wonder what a day would be like not having to worry about my dire finances or weakening health. All I know is that though I worry to the point of sleeplessness and helplessness I am always greatful for those that are dear to me.
                          Dangelo Wayfarer
                          I learned that two things happened when I was worrying:

1-Nothing that I was worrying about actually happened
                          2-By worrying I was attracting more negative emotions and events into my life, therefore it became an never-ending cycle.

What did I do?

I stopped worrying and became grateful for my life. There are only two emotions that can exist at the same time in our minds and bodies. I had the choice to decide which one I wanted to have.

Best,
                          Nik D'Angelo
                              MIKEHOLLON Newbie
                              No i dont stay awake at nights i sleep all the time from worrying and depresion! I'm a contractor that has seen a fall in business because of the economy every one says. I was on top for the whole years of 2004, 2005,and 2006 and it started to fall at the beginning of 2007 and went down from there. I have filed chapter 13 just to be able to pay half of my bills. I worry all day and night even when i sleep i worry. As i worry about being able to take care of my family i'm losing my health. My wife works a full time job and in school part time. So i have to worry about being mom and dad to 4 children, and run a business. I have seen to where all of the people that is doing the same work i am is cutting prices and trying to stay in the feild but i cant afford to cut prices if i do i'll sink even further. I have had a good thing going for 4 years and made over $500,000.00 ever sense i started and now not makeing nothing. I have went to pray and dropped everything for God but it has not helped with the depresion i dont want to go on meds for it but the wife tells me i need it. What would any one suggest.

Thanks
                              Mike
                                  LUCKIEST Guide
                                  Welcome to this web site.
                                  You had a good thing going for 4 years and made over $500,000.
                                  That sounds GREAT. What did you do with the money you made??
                                  Good luck, LUCKIEST
                                    Humble Pie Wayfarer
                                    As a contractor myself, I certainly know how hard things can get when the work falls off. Our company had several bad years where our bank ended up being our financial crutch. For 4 years, we just made it by after we were wastefully sued over some nonsense we should have settled ourselves WITHOUT legal help! It cost me a partnership of 10 years with someone I'd be proud almost call my brother. We separated, he focused on what he liked to do, I focused on what I like to do. I streamlined and stripped out all the things I didn't need, questioned every expense, got out in the field myself, sold a lot, worked 80-90 hours a week, knocked out the jobs, met my customers directly and succeeded to get out of the red and into the black in ~8 months. It was less stressful working in the field and just doing it!
                                    I still stress today as I want to grow my 2 businesses, same headaches, but one way or another, I gonna get ahead.
                                    All I can say to you Mike is strip out what you don't need, focus on your customers, and if need be, I'm sure you're talented, work for someone else to build up your confidence again. Seek professional financial help to come up with a plan to get thru the Chapter 13. You can do it.
                                    good luck-

Chris
                                      Dangelo Wayfarer
                                      Mike,
                                      I am sorry to hear about your situation, I don't want to sugar-coat things here as I can clearly see you stuck in between two rocks, but let me tell you one thing: "There Is A Solution To Every Problem"

May I suggest you something?

I am a life coach and have helped countless individuals in similar situations as yours. That's what I do full time. One of my passions is to do success coaching and masterminding with people from different walks of life... I would be happy to discuss with you how to break through your current situation so that you can start seeing results one more time, much bigger results than what you were experiencing too.

Go ahead and give me a call at 510-870-8438 or send me an email at nikdangelo@gmail.com

No, there is nothing to sell here and I am not charging anything. (Everyone else please don't contact me for free services. My rate is a little high *:*-*)*

But every month I dedicate my time to free sessions for 4-5 people, it is a way for me to give back to the world.

Let me know,
                                      Nik D'Angelo

WEBillions Adventurer
                                    It's natural to worry. Despite the fact that worrying does no good, it is really hard to ask yourself, what if?

I try to focus on what I can personally change. I can't change the economy, so worrying about it isn't going to change anything. However, if I'm in debt, I might be able to change that by coming up with a plan of action.

Yet, if you still find yourself laying awake at night, there might be a bigger problem. You may be suffering from an anxiety problem. You should consult your doctor. He or she will ask you about your diet, physical activity, stress level, etc. It's possible you just have a chemical imbalance and need some medication to fix it. My husband has recently been through this process and he feels a lot better now that he saw his doctor.

Micky
                                    webillions.com
                                      frazzle Wayfarer
                                      Yep, I worry. I tried living as a free spirit without a care in the world, but it's not how I'm programmed. Some people are morning people, some are night people. I'm a worry wart.

I'm at the cusp of change. In May I plan to give my resignation to focus entirely on my business, so that worries me. Leaving the security of a job to run my own business, wondering how all the bills will get paid, fearing that striking out on my own amidst a looming recession may be in big error and the instability of the economy and the events on the world stage in general like war and global warming gives me ample to worry about.

I don't lose sleep over these things, and I don't let it affect my health, but theses issues are always on my mind.
                                        verse2101 Wayfarer
                                        I stay awake at night with personal problems. Just trying to get my foot in the world of the Real Estate before it's major incline. I have to get all the help I can find. I got just not alot of it or not even enough.
                                          verse2101 Wayfarer
                                          I stay awake at night with personal problems. Just trying to get my foot in the world of the Real Estate before it's major incline. I have to get all the help I can find. I got money just not alot of it or not even enough.