I agree with you completely. It would be nice if you went to "profile" and shares some info with us.
Websites and the internet provide a vast amount of info to help you in business. It provides marketing opportunities.
The internet can bring your business info and provide your business ways to market your product or service.
Your last two sentence says it all "Therefore, businesses with an Internet presence gain an immense advantage over those without one.
In today’s unpredictable market, a website is an absolute necessity for the success overall of your business."
Keep the posts coming
Yes, in today's internet age a web page is absolutely needed. That being said it can't be just any webpage, it has do be done well. You can get a .com domain name for about ten dollars a year plus unlimited hosting for another ten a month but that means nothing without a well done page. Here are a few suggestions I would give on getting a good site.
- Make your domain as short and memorable as you can. Bobsfood.com is better then Bobswholesalefoodthatisdiscountedsolowyourgrandmothershopsthere.com
- Get a good host. Sure you can find some web hosts who will offer you internet for less then ten a month but often they have very poor customer service. Research the company before you buy.
- Spend the money to get a decent website made. You don't need the most advanced, so shiny it blinds you, web 2.0 site, but it needs to look a lot better then your 10 year old's first experiments in Microsoft front page that look like they were made in 1991.
- Make sure you keep it updated with new content. If your webpage was last updated six months ago, people are going to look for other places to buy.
- Have links to a Facebook and Twitter. Maybe even have the Companies Twitter feed in a widget on the page. Social Networking is a great form of advertisement.
- If you can, try to have a place people can order online. This doesn't apply to some business but for the ones that do your customers will appreciate it.
- Have a newsletter your customers can sign up for. Send one out each week with specials/sales and company news. Make them feel involved and up to day on the happenings of your business.
Feel free to hop in with other ideas, these are only a few.
With today’s erratic marketplace and shifting economy, it’s becoming crucial for all businesses to establish an Internet presence. With a website, you can build a brand, a reputation, and a personality prospective clients can relate to and interact with. By constructing a proper website, you will gain a competitive edge that will lead you closer to your business goals. According to the latest statistics, 78% of North Americans are registered Internet users. An increasing number of people are using Google to research and discern services relevant to their interests. Therefore, businesses with an Internet presence gain an immense advantage over those without one. In today’s unpredictable market, a website is an absolute necessity for the success overall of your business.