Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 2:13 PM by Moderator_MoniE

Hiring Employees? What's involved?

hconnections Adventurer

If you are a small business owner planning to hire employees or have begun to hire employees, you will want to make sure you take the appropriate steps involved in the payroll process. Although it can sometimes be a little overwhelming, if you become an 'informed' employer, it will help your business run a little smoother. And even if you outsource your payroll, it's still good to know/understand the basics. What forms should you have your employee fill out? What expectations will the IRS hold your business accountable for? Read more here ==> http://bit.ly/nkZbXH

• Re: Hiring Employees? What's involved?
          Navigator

Hi Ktasha! Thanks for joining us in the community and for sharing your article! Since you are the owner of the article, it would have been awesome for you to share the entire article here with us instead of just a teaser with a link directing the traffic to your site. I understand that linking back is a great way to build your Google rating and boost your own site but here in the community, we like to share information with each other for the benefit of the community. Many times, individuals don't like to have to leave the site and won't click outside links so your contribution could get overlooked because it was not readily available to the reader. I certainly hope to see more content from you in the future and look forward to reading more about your business insights! There are a lot of people that come here seeking information about getting started and what forms are necessary for their needs and you could definitely be of help to them!

Have a wonderful day!

~Moni

hconnections Adventurer

Thanks Moni. I never learned how to submit articles. Perhaps you can shed some light...

Navigator

The article on the site's "Articles" tab are written by the SBOC Team or individual experts they contract with, I believe. However, when you, as the author of the article mentioned in your post, start a thread like you did here, you could include your full article and elaborate more on it because it is your own original work. What we tend to discourage is when members take someone else's work and post it almost verbatim without giving credit where credit is due as if it were their own work and in those cases, we prefer they provide a few important points about the article then link to the original.

Another option for you if you do not wish to put your article in thread form for the forums would be to submit the article to the SBOC Team for approval in the "Real Stories" area. If you click the stories tab at the top of the page, it will direct you to the member stories area and in the list of links on the right side, you will see the "Create A Story" link which will take you here. You may then post your contributions to be published.

I hope this helps you and again, look forward to reading your contributions!

Thanks!

~Moni