Post a new topic
    15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 7:37 AM by joshuawilson

Website Essentials for Small Businesses

Moderator Jim Ranger

Hey there,

A great new article has been posted: Website Essentials for Small Businesses

We'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Jim

• Re: Website Essentials for Small Businesses
          LUCKIEST Guide

The article makes good points.

I like your last paragraph "As a small business owner, you wouldn’t go to a meeting without a business card".

A small business owner should also have an accountant, a lawyer and maybe an insurance agent.

A changing business plan would also be an asset.

Moderator Jim Ranger

That's great advice. Does anyone else have advice to share?

Jim

Vibration Newbie

When you are planning to launch your website how do you decide about website i.e. how it will cater to your present and future need. I mean initially you will not like to spend a lot of money but as you grow and have money your website should reflect your status

Patrick Wayfarer

This is good advice.

I would encourage any small business looking to build or redesign their website to take a careful look at the WordPress platform. (I'm talking about the opensource app from WordPress.org; not the hosting service at WordPress.com.) WordPress has evolved into a very friendly and robust website development system (and CMS). Some business owners will find that they are able to create and manage an effective business website in WordPress with a little guidance. (I've created an ebook guide that will take folks through this process.) But even if they choose not build the website themselves, hiring a developer to build the website in WordPress has many advantages. Perhaps the greatest advantage is that the business owner (or designated staff) can easily manage future additions and/or changes to the website without having to rely on (and pay) a developer. This kind of autonomy not only saves money, but it also streamlines workflow.

There are now an impressive array of quality themes (some free) and plugins that can help create a functionally robust and aesthetically pleasing website. WordPress has a large and very active support and developer community, so help is never far away.

Anyone here wanting to know more about WordPress (free opensource software) or about hosting plans with automated WordPress installations, or about my recommended themes, frameworks and plugins, please free to contact me.

Taloucci Newbie

Yep, I agree with LUCKIEST.

My advice for business owners that have a website is to do the right submissions, NOT search engine submission, I'm talking about local Business Directories, GPS systems submission, Phone Apps submissions, and so many other type of submissions; Because there is no point of having a website if no one can find it.

Everybody now is using their phones more than the computer, so if you do not show up on their phones , then no one will get to your business.

I offer a very similar service to all of my local business owners' clients, and it is more than worth it to them; the exposure doubles if not triples in some industries; Not all tho.

Check this link to read about the features: http://localtizedmarketing.com/features/

PS: please note that the link abouve is just to educate you about the features I spoke about in this post, not to sell you anything.

Thank you,

Amine

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
                        Taloucci Newbie

Thank you Graham,

Trust me when I say that Directories do work, and mostly Local Directories. If you base your advertising on saturation, then you will not advertise your business anywhere, because the whole web is saturated. So I will have to disgree with you on that one.

As for the links you showed me; We dont use those, but I can tell you one thing, do not expect anything from listing your business in a couple of websites; You will need a lot more than that to be able to get results. That is why people hire professionals; no one want to manually submit his or her business to hundreds of Directories, GPS systems and Phone Apps; Its almost depressing. (Have someone that speciallise in just that do it for you)

Also, learn how to list your business the right way before you start listing, It should be optimized and keyword dense, otherwise you are just wasting yourtime.

Good luck,

Amine

joshuawilson Scout

Today online visibility plays a large role in the success of your business. If people cannot find you online, they may as well assume that you don’t exist. Internet marketing helps people reach your business when they search for related terms, not just the name of your company. It involves having your company registered on various search engines. For small businesses internet marketing plays an even more important role.

digital web company
                          TheTinyPixie Newbie

Amine,

I really find it refreshing that the link you posted about your business is indeed intended as an educational tool for the rest of us  and not to sell us anything.  Many times I have seen other small business owners using this to try to sell their products/services.  While I can't blame them for using every possible avenue to make a sell, especially in today's economy, it's just really nice to see that someone like yourself just wants to help the rest of us.  This helps me to find trust in you and in your service and when I do get a little extra money to spend on tools you are at the top of my list!  Thanks so much.

TheTinyPixie Newbie

When I am not talking to potential customers or vendors or working on my webstore content, I am doing research to learn as I go about running a business.  I feel like I am working 24/7!  Since I am new to all of this and don't have much money to start with, articles like this one really help me understand things a little more deeply.  Thanks for all of the help.