Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 2:21 PM by Holly09

Please help! am in the process of setting my online business selling jewelry, fashions & accessories.?

Holly09 Wayfarer

Please help,am in  the process of setting my online business selling jewelry, fashions & accessories. I hired a wed developer to design the site and still working on it. Please take a look any feedback

will be helpful. Thank you.  http://lydeys.com/

• Re: Please help! am in the process of setting my online business selling jewelry, fashions & accessories.?
          SME_ally Adventurer

I have taken a look at your website but it wouldn't be accurate to critique an incomplete site. But if indeed it is complete and all you need is to upload more products, then to be honest you'll have a tough time selling from that site. Here are my reasons why:

- Aesthetically, the site looks home-made. It needs to ensure customers that the site is safe to buy from with SSL certificates. Perhaps do away with the distracting pink background.  Product thumbnails should be bigger.

- Need policies (e.g. shipping & returns, privacy, tos)

- Logo should be linked to top age

- Site structure is not search engine friendly

- account login needs to be prominently displayed in top page instead of clicking on a sub-menu

- errors in the cart. Received this error when clicking on checkout:

Error : The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid

:: GetQuote ::DEBUG OUTPUT::

Arguments sent to UPSArray ( [username] => [password] => [api_id] => [account_number] => [negotiated_rates] => [residential] => 1 [singular_shipping] => 0 [insured_shipment] => 0 [DropoffType] => 01 [packaging] => 02 [currency] => USD [shipr_state] => GA [shipr_city] => Hinesville [shipr_ccode] => US [shipr_pcode] => 31313 [shipf_state] => GA [shipf_city] => Hinesville [shipf_ccode] => US [shipf_pcode] => 31313 [units] => LBS [weight] => 0 [dest_ccode] => US [dest_pcode] => [dest_state] => [cart_total] => 5 )

- Should install Google analytics to track your traffic.

I hope this didn't offend you but the the reality is, if you want to make sales you have to have a site that is user friendly and can be found by search engines. Right now the site does neither.  You should definitely let your developer know about the shopping cart error. Best of luck to your business.

1 of 1 people found this helpful