Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 10:40 AM by Rainbowrite

New Article: Gen Bu"Y" ?

Ranger

Gen Y: Could They Be Your Generation Bu”Y”? is the newest article to be posted on the forum.

The article suggests that you may be missing out on a demographic with reasons to use your small business.

It gives tips and senarios you might not have thought about .

Read the article and discuss it here. We are looking forward to your thoughts on targeting this age group!

Joleen

• Re: New Article: Gen Bu"Y" ?
          LUCKIEST Guide

Born in the mid-1980's and later, Generation Y legal professionals are in their 20s and are just entering the workforce.

With numbers estimated as high as 70 million, Generation Y (also known as the Millennials) is the fastest growing segment of today’s workforce. Employers cannot ignore the needs, desires and attitudes of this vast generation.

Generation Y craves attention in the forms of feedback and guidance.

They appreciate being kept in the loop and seek frequent praise and reassurance.

Generation Y may benefit greatly from mentors who can help guide and develop their young careers.

• Re: New Article: Gen Bu"Y" ?
            Rainbowrite Adventurer

I'm always on the lookout for articles like this. I'm a part of this generation, though it's on the cusp - I'm somewhere in between X and Y. My mindset's more of a Gen Y one, though.

I personally find simple, colorful and youthful looking products to be appealing. Notice how many companies are adopting this sort of look? For example:

It feels friendly, hip and they use casual language. They also manage to remain professional - I can tell these people know what they're talking about.

I've noticed Starbucks Frappuccino's new ad campaign, and Starburst has been going viral with their funny "Contradiction" ads. They have some genius marketing teams - I love them both. I'm gonna go buy a bottle of Frappuccino and several packs of Starburst tonight.