Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2008 9:12 AM by puzzleman

Need advice and opinions about my web site

msmari Newbie

Greetings! I have been reading many of the threads here for awhile now looking for advice I can use, but I realize maybe asking direct questions would help me more. First I have been having trouble driving traffic to my web site AUDIOAVENUE.BIZ and I haven't made a sale since I began two months ago! For your information, I want to build a reputation while I continue to find a way to open a actual morter and brick store and move my website away from it's amazon affiliation. So, how can I get this going? Am I on the wrong path? How's the site look? (I redesign the contents of index page at least every two weeks)
        • Re: Need advice and opinions about my web site
          rashme21 Newbie
          I think you need .com address rather than .biz and web site should look more appealing. cart, product display shold be more catchy. Also check the price with other sites.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            xenopod Adventurer
            I think you should consider rashme's advise carefully. You really should go with a .com instead of a .biz an idea to make use of both is to create a blog on your .biz domain where you can review products and talk about specific sales you have on your .com this could help sell your company and the products you sell.

Some variations of your domain name that are available as of when I was typing this are youraudioavenue.com (I really think this would be a great domain name to use to relaunch your store) also audio-avenue.com is available. Either would be a dramatic improvement since the average user still only thinks of .com's as websites they go to.

As for some improvements for your website I think your color pallete needs adjustment. There are too many colors that are too close to being the same and that leaves a poor impression. Also the green font on a white background really is not legable. Most importantly if you run your website into this validator: http://validator.w3.org/ you will see your site is not standards compliant which is really a big issue.

I have a web design firm you can look us up at www.xenopodinc.com whether you contact my company or not I really encourage you to work with a web design professional to realize the potential for your company! Best wishes.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              chaname Newbie

Congratulations on putting up your website :). That can be really exciting and it looks like you've really spent some time on developing the different music section areas.

To start with moving towards increased sales, your website needs some good descriptions of the products you are selling, for two reasons. The customer needs more information about the products (and even a nice sound clip to show them how it sounds would be nice.) And you need better text describing the products you're selling (for the search engines to read). I'd also suggest installing a free analytics program so you can track the visitors and learn how they are interacting with the website. I can recommend a few good ones and help you out with installing it, if you'd like. I tend to do a lot of my work in this area in marketing small businesses and know what it's like for you. I have some other recommendations if you would like.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like anymore help.

Warm Regards,
              Chana
              http://www.onlinesearchsolutions.com
                msmari Newbie

Ok so far good advice but I feel there might be something more. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, I am updating the site now to include some of these suggestions. I haven't yet decided if I should have someone help me at this moment. Not that I don't know I need it.
                  puzzleman Tracker
                  I am not a web designer like the people above but what I noticed is that you have 2 large banner ads at the top of each page. My customers have told me that they want to see as much of my product on the screen without scrolling down. My first impression due to those two large ads was that I wasn't sure if this was just a page that does advertising / reviews or a retail web site.