Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 3:22 PM by ARCHIMEDES EnRich

Do people really want to work OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE?

ARCHIMEDES EnRich Adventurer

IS IT that we are not clearly stating what work there is to do ?

Here is what we said - We are looking for any person or small business - home based is fine - they obtain the email addresses of small businesses and then send out emails in their area  (  emails are about 200 words in length - we provide the email content ) The pay is $4.00 for each Client obtained by the staff workers at ArchimedesEnRich  ( we do all the work including  the sign up proceedures - there is no selling of any kind from the email senders )  ADDITIONALLY, $2.00 is paid each time that the Client continuously uses the services of ArchimdedesEnRich.

Responses - None .  This seems to us to say no one is interested in working. By the way this is only for US Citizens living within the United States of America.

Have we missed something here?  Charles Faber

• Re: Do people really want to work OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE?
          Rainbowrite Adventurer

People do want to work - there's always someone who needs a job or wants another one. So it's definitely not that.

Your copy is hard to understand. I had to read it three times to understand what it entails. Even still, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I got the main jist of it.

Additionally, it may come off as a scam to some people. These days, job seekers are smarter and well aware of how many scams are out there. For some it's to the point of extreme paranoia, but the fear is real and that'll drive people away.

I'll re-write your copy for you in a more succinct format. Maybe it'll help get some responses.

ArchimedesEnRich is currently hiring individuals or small businesses to assist with our marketing submission needs.

Details:

• Obtain email addresses of small businessses
          • Distribute pre-written emails in their area
          • NO SELLING INVOLVED. We'll take care of that.

Pay:

• 4.00 for every client succesfully referred to ArchimedesEnRich.
          • 2.00 for each instance said client continuously uses our services.

We are only looking for US citizens currently residing in the US at this time. Telecommuting is ok.

If you do decide to use that (or a variation), let me know how it works out. I'm a freelance writer so knowing if my copy can convert or get results would do wonders for my portfolio.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            dnichols0921 Newbie

Jean,

I completly agree with you.  I am involved in the financial world also, and the request does seem to come off as a scam.  I see people everyday that believe in these "easy, home based opportunities" and those individuals will go out to do the request of the company only to come back empty handed with and overdrawn checking account.  This request for "WORK" is too hard to believe. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful

Thank you for sharing with Jean and thereby indirectly with ArchimedesEnRich.  We are finding that people are very skeptical - and that is said with a fair amount of charity.  One point we seemed to have missed - and we are not sure how to convey this - we are not saying this is easy.. If it were easy just about anyone could do it.   This is work.  If any person is believing that this is easy  money in this situation - they need to look some place else.

That being said , Thank you again for sharing .  Everything  we learn is helpful.  Critiques, while they may be uncomfortable are still needed and gratefully accepted.  With kind regards , Charles Faber

Message was edited by: ARCHIMEDES EnRich

LUCKIEST Guide

NO people do not really want to work.

People want to collect a pay check or collect unemployment.

People have mortgages on their houses they can not sell.

People cannot move to a new location for a job

Debt is central to fragility.

Everybody is cutting spending and running out of things to cut.

It could be years before we feel that we have pared enough debt to start spending readily.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.  You are correct debt is central to fragility.  It will take years to pare debt and some hard life changing actions by a lot of people.  Charles Faber

Navigator

I responded to your other post which I thought was a very general and philosophical question rather than you seeking out an answer as to why your advertisement was not answered.

I also had to re-read the context of THIS post and like Jean pointed out about your copy, I found THIS post rather confusing at first.

If that copy was posted here in the community as a job offering and received no replies, it is possibly because it was removed or because members know that generally there are not job offers posted here. Please note that the guidelines do not permit the posting of employment opportunities here within the community as there is no way for BofA to verify that it is indeed a legitimate job offering and not a scam. Job offerings detract from the primary focus of the community and its content. This community is a place to discuss small business, not to advertise or find employees for small business.

If the copy was posted on a legitimate job listing site and has received no responses yet, I tend to agree with others that perhaps prospective employees are a little concerned that it may not be a legitimate opportunity. They may not also understand what the job entails or how they will be paid (i.e.: PayPal, check etc.). Perhaps they don't know where they would be working or if it is an at-home opportunity or exactly what you mean by "Telecommuting is okay".

I do believe people want to work however, not everyone on the internet understands things at the same level and someone less net savvy might be fearful of inquiring because they feel they are not sufficiently qualified for the position when in fact, they simply do not understand exactly what the position entails due to illegible copy. I wish you much luck with your endeavours and hope that you are able to find good employees soon!

Cheers!

~Moni