Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2011 7:31 AM by LUCKIEST

Leadership

Tracker

Running a business can be hard and if you are starting a business you have to decide if you want that sort of responsibility.  The SBA has a great article about what is required to be a good leader, feel free to take a look.  I do have one question it doesn't mention though, how do you prevent yourself from burning out as a leader with all the hard work and responsibilities it requires?

• Re: Leadership
          LUCKIEST Guide

Good question Paul, There is no one answer to how to prevent yourself from burning out,

There are many reasons why one starts a business and hopefully succeeds.

MONEY

SUCCESS

FREEDOM FROM STRUCTURED HOURS

CHALLENGE

TO PURSUE AN IDEA

As your last paragraph said "Leaders are rarely (if ever) born. Circumstances and persistence are major components in the

developmental process of any leader", Once you have the money (profit) and success you can change your lifestyle

and that prevents you from burning out.

Example: If you want to play tennis or golf with me, we play in the morning and then I can go to the office.

If you want to play at 4 in the afternoon, most times that is O K with me.

And sometimes I will play both in the morning and later in the day and yes the business will continue without me.

NO burnout.