Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 10:25 AM by Moderator_MoniE

Women's Business Centers: Helping Women Succeed

Navigator

Women's Business Centers (WBCs) represent a national network of nearly 100 educational centers designed to assist women who are starting and growing a small businesses. WBCs operate with the mission to "level the playing field" for women entrepreneurs who still face unique obstacles in the world of business. Being a woman wanting to start my own business, I found the information provided by my local WBC to be informative and most helpful with giving me direction and insight into some of the challenges I was facing. These programs are designed for all women regardless of social or economic circumstance and are offered in a variety of languages. For more information, you can visit the SBA's Office of Women's Business Ownership page where you can find a listing of local and regional offices, their mission statement and so much more!

If you are a female entrepreneur, have you used any of these programs or others and what do you recommend for woman entering the world of small biz? What challenges did you face, if any, when getting your buisness off of the ground? Please tell us your story!

~Moni