Suggestions to help keep customer service up to date
1) Answer your phone.
2) Don't make promises unless you will keep them.
3) Listen to your customers.
4) Deal with complaints.
5) Be helpful - even if there's no immediate profit in it.
6) Train your staff (if you have any) to be always helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable.
7) Take the extra step.
8) Throw in something extra.
Those are some great ideas, Luckiest, does anyone else have anything to add to the list?
Many small businesses seem to be falling behind because their customer service isn't keeping current with recent technological changes. The rise of the internet and especially social media is changing how customers expect to interact with the employees at your business and for businesses who aren't adapting their customer service strategy - customers have no shortage of other places to go.
Let me know what you think about this article "Is Your Customer Service Up To Date?" How can you change your business' strategy to account for changes in customer behavior in 2011?