Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 9:48 AM by Moderator_MoniE

How to start medical billing from home

Dee Newbie

Hello

I'm tryin to start my own medical billing business for home aswell and I was wondering how is your business coming along and if you could tell me what did you do to get started.

• Re: How to start medical billing from home
          Navigator

Hi Dee! My husband and I currently run two businesses from home. First and foremost, I would suggest research, research and more research! Before jumping into starting any business, you need to figure out the needs of the prospective clients in your area and how your business can best meet those needs in a profitable and productive manner. How wide of an area are you willing to and can you feasibly cover in order to increase your client base? Medical Billing from home is a great idea, however, how many medical facilities (Dr. offices, Hospitals, Clinics, etc.) do you have in your local area? How many of them already use a large or well established billing providor or their own departments for their billing needs? How many other medical billing businesses are there in your area that would be your competition?

I'm certainly not trying to discourage you, but research is a very integral part of beginning to outline any business plan. Being informed and educated on your demographics will help you make better decisions and can help to mitigate at least some of the risk involved. Always look before you leap! I wish you much successs in your business endeavours!

~Moni