This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 8:44 PM by GarzasGoodies RSS

Any funding options for non tech business startups or expansions?

GarzasGoodies Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Okay to make a long story as short as possible. We started a Chocolate and confections company from our home and it had started to thrive. Due to a family emergency we had to move back to Missouri and health codes rules were different so we had to close till we could open a shop. We want off disablity which has left us with not so great credit, we have no family or friends either available or willing to invest, and have people lined up to buy our products. The problem is that most of the funding options I can find seem to be for either tech ( I haven't figured out how to make a truffle talk), constructions (chocolate is not a good house building medium) or for companies who have been in business consistanly for 2 years. We are turning away orders as we cannot make them (4 weddings this month so far) and don't know where to turn for funding. We have a business plan and 3 ideas for where to put the shop. The ideal space we would love is in an area that has no real competition (nearest chocolatier is over 8 miles away) and is in a shopping area that is very high traffic. We are working with Voc Rehab however; their plan would have us out of business in less than a year while our plan and projections, depending on location picked, would make between $200,000 and $800,000 / year. We have been fixing past personal credit issues and are continuing to do so but are unsure where to look for financing help. Any suggestions and or help would be appreciated

Thank you,

Heather & Richard Garza

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
    • Re: Any funding options for non tech business startups or expansions?
      GarzasGoodies Newbie

I am unsure as to why the moderators choose what can be post and what cannot.I have replied twice to Luckiest that I would like to give him my business plan to look at and that I just need to know where to e-mail it to,and the posts keep disappearing and I am not sure how or why. Can someone please let me know what the issue seems to be?

Thank You,

Heather

Garza's Goodies Chocolates& Confections

Owner

Expert

Hi GarzasGoodies! For member safety and also for consistency within the community, we ask that community members not post their contact information in their actual posts, but instead, keep information that they are comfortable sharing with others in their profiles. In your personal profile, you can post all of the interesting information you like about yourself and your small business. By completing your profile, you can direct members there to find out more, along with the added security of your personal information not floating around the community. Luckiest has a mailing address listed in his profile, so, if allowing him to read your business plan is of importance to you and something you wish to do, you could snail mail it to that address or you could put your information in your profile and then request he check there and email you. I hope this helps answer your question

~Moni

falcon47 Newbie

If you accept credit cards, which you most likely do...you could obtain a loan against this future income. I work with a company that handles these types of loans.

GarzasGoodies Newbie

Hi Falcon,

When we get the store open we will ake credit cards, yes. We are researching companies right now for that have used Paypal in the past and are currently not taking them as we are not open. Its a confusing situation as from what we can gather the storefront would mke us a startup yet due to city rules meaning we hd to stop operations, further research and looking for funding or investors we have not made anything in the last few years. We have some equipment and will be aquiring more in the next few months but since we are not accepting cards at this time we wouldn't be eligable I believe. Plese advise me if I am wrong. Thank you for your input.

Heather

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points