Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2008 11:04 PM by xenopod

B of A Keep the Change

LUCKIEST Guide
      Bank of America advertises a program "Keep the Change"
      Have any of the contributors signed up for the program??
      Any Comments good or bad?? Is it really FREE??
      LUCKIEST
        • Re: B of A Keep the Change
          DomainDiva Ranger
          I don't know if it would be good for business owners that have to keep track of all the correct figures.....I am sure the IRS would require the business owner to provide all receipts. It would work for a family with household expenses only.
            DJTRAVEL Newbie
            YES, THIS SERVICE IS FREE. I AGREE IT IS GEARED TOWARDS THE HOUSEHOLD. IT'S GOOD FOR SAVING CHANGE HERE AND THERE
            YOU SEE, IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING WITH YOUR DEBIT CARD FOR $3.45 THE BANK WILL PUT .55 IN YOUR ASSIGNED ACCOUNT
            MAKING $4.00 BEING WITHDRAWN FROM THAT ACCOUNT (THE FIRST ACCOUNT). I HOPE THIS WILL HELP
              xenopod Adventurer
              I setup both of my personal checking accounts as keep the change accounts. It is definitely worth it if you use your bank card to make purchases frequently. Especially in the first year when the have the highest matching for the transfer amounts.

The tradeoff is that the accounts of lower interest rates, but you are transfering into the account continuously and the bank matches your years worth of transfers at the end of the year (earning interest for itself before it pays out the amount owed to you). I think it is fairly innovative and mutually beneficial, again if you use your bank card frequently.