Post a new topic
    30 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2008 5:26 AM by dannyo

Trinity Financial Loans

Management Newbie
      I was thinking of getting a small loan to start my business. Has anyone heard of Trinity Financial Loans? I want to know if it's a legit company. Please advise. Thanks.
        • Re: Trinity Financial Loans
          thatgirl Wayfarer
          This is not a legit company. I found out the hard way. I have complaints logged with everyone from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, to the FTC. It is an advace fee loan company that is not for real. Sorry.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Management Newbie
              Thank you everyone for your advice. Good thing I didn't go through with it. I'm just a bit worried because they have some of my personal information already. If I write them a letter stating that I do not want to go through with the loan and for them not to use my information, is it good enough? Basically I'm scared that they'll use my information like identity theft or something. Pls advise.
                bosoxgirl Wayfarer
                Was this the Trinty Financial Loans out of NC?

What happened? I am trying to figure out of this is same company that contacted me.

Thanks
                    thatgirl Wayfarer
                    They do have an address in North Carolina, but if you google map it to satellite, it is a house. Hmmmm...
                        bosoxgirl Wayfarer
                        I did do that and noticed that also.

I am not sure which loan you were going to take from them...but did they tell you that you had to send the insurance for the loan ?

Did you go through with it and got nothing?
                            thatgirl Wayfarer
                            Yes, and yes I did! I sent too much money. And of couse, I wired it to a person's name in Canada. And of course, they claimed they couldn't wire it into my account and wanted me to send them $600 to have it sent to me. Then when I wouldn't do that she got crappy with me and told me she would put the check in the mail and it could take 15-30 business days IF I got it at all. She wouldn't fax me a copy of the front of the check either. When I pressed harder for an address, she gave me a fake address in Sudbury, Ontario. And freaked out when I told her FedEx was on the way to pick the check up. She said she would NOT give them the check. When I spoke with the detective from the Sudbury police, he said the addresss he gave me was a house out in the middle of nowhere and it was 4 hours from the city she had me wire the money to! I was scammed out of alot of money and I thought I was smarter than that. On top of which, I have money missing out of my checking account. I can't prove they took it, but I closed that account! When I contacted the BBB in North Carolina they said there were no complaints about that business (until I filed one) but that there was no contact person listed.

I am curious how you found them and what they said to you. I am going to make this girl's life hell until they either give my money back or close shop!
                              thatgirl Wayfarer
                              I answered this but not sure it went through...I did send them alot of money three weeks ago. I wired the money to a person in Canada. It was incredibly stupid and I can't believe that I belived it. I know better. I just needed a loan so bad I think I was blinded to it. As soon as I sent the money Deon told me that she couldn't wire it into my account because my bank did not accept international direct deposits. (my bank says there is no such thing and no one tried to wire anything to my account). Deon told me that they tried three times and after that they would not try again. She told me to send her $600 to have a courrior (sp?) take it to me. I refused and told her I would have FedEx pick it up. She said NO! She had to arrange for it to be sent could I send her $300? I said no...give me an address and I will have FedEx come get it. I asked her to fax me a copy of the check...she didn't. I spoke to the police in the town of the fake address she gave me. He said it was a house out in the middle of nowhere and that it was 4 hours away from where I wired the money!! Deon said she would put it in the mail and it could be 15-30 business days until I got it IF I got it at all. (checks get lost she said!)

I called the BBB in North Carolina and there were no complaints on them, until I filed one. BUT there was no contact info either. I have filed police reports here there and everywhere, including the FTC. I know I won't get restitution, but I won't rest until I either get my deposit money or they close shop!!

I am curious what was told to you, how did you find them?

Thanks...sorry if this posted 2x
                                  bosoxgirl Wayfarer
                                  I found them on a website advertising.

They emailed me all the documnets and they stated that they were located in Sanford NC. They offered me the option of collateal, insurance, or co signer. I chose the insurance since I do not have a cosigner.

She, Kelly Hayworth, said that I would send the money via Western Union and then the funds would be credited to my account in an hour or so. I kept asking her about Canada and she said that they were in North Carolina. I have the forms in front of me they sent. She keeps insisting that they are legit and encouraging me to check them out. I checked the BBB and they have them listed but with no info. No cpmpliants or anything.

I noticed that there were a lot of Trinity Financials out there, but it sounds like we are talking about the same one.

What kind of money did they take from your account if you do not mind me asking?

Did you have to call this number 866 433 4507 x9972 ? How did you find them?
                                      thatgirl Wayfarer
                                      I have the same number but extension 1973. Is this the website? http://www.trinityfinancialloans.com/page/page/5413975.htm

It might not have been them but i have about 4 debits I didn't authorize. I was also told my money would be put in within the day!
                                          bosoxgirl Wayfarer

That is it!!

I called the woman's number this afternoon and it was forwarded to a cellphone mail box. Telus Mobility out of Canada. I wish I would have written down the number for the dell phone. When I called back you could tell it was a mobile.

I am glad that I found your post on here. I was going to do this but thankfully I read your post.

I hope that you are able to get your money back.

Thanks
                                              thatgirl Wayfarer
                                              I called it too and got the same thing! What a scam! It makes me sick because I actually did it!!! I just wanted a loan to get caught up! I have bad credit from the past and no one will approve me. Glad we connected!! Please call the BBB and complain. Maybe we can stop them!
                                                  bosoxgirl Wayfarer
                                                  I plan on it.

I think they are horrible for doing this to people.

Did anyone say that you will get your money back?
                                                      Management Newbie

I was contacted by a woman named Sharon Bradshaw. The number is correct but my ext was 2221. She asked for me to give her $1150 as a deposit and Western union it to Canada to a woman named Angelina Petla. I thought that was odd wiring money to a company under a person's name. Then she told me the agent's name chaged daily due to whoever is working that day. That's the reason why I posted the concern on here. Thank you so much thatgirl for letting me know before I made a huge mistake! Also when you listen to her mailbox it's full and it belongs to a woman named Kathy Taylor. I hope you get your money back thatgirl!
                                                brownsugar56 Wayfarer
                                                HI I WAS WORKING WITH A WOMAN FROM TRINITY FINANICAL BY THAT NAME AND I CALLED HER EVERYDAY AND EVERYDAY SHE WAS E-MAILING ME THE PAPERS TO SIGN FOR THE INSURANCE SO WE CAN MOVE FOWARD WITH THE LOAN BUT I HAVEN'T RECIEVED AN EMAIL YET AND ALSO I PICK INSURANCE BUT SHE HAVEN'T ASK FOR ANY MONEY YET, BUT SHE SAID THEY WERE PRIVATE LENSERS THEY DO NOT WORK LIKE BANKS AND EVERYTIME I CALL AT A CERTAIN TIME I GET THE MAILBOX IS FULL BUT ANOTHER NAME SO YHANK EVERYONE IN THE FORUM, BECAUSE MY LOAN WAS APPROVED.
                                                    thatgirl Wayfarer
                                                    Hello. I am glad that you didn't go through with it! I am filing charges in North Carolina. The Better Business Bureau called them and I am going from there. These people will pay for taking my money!! They will pay for taking the money from others as well. What scum!
                                                        grantsforce Adventurer
                                                        I think we should have a separate category in the forums - Scams. - where someone can post such experiences or inquiries. That way we can have a ready (black)list of scams.
                                                            Management Newbie
                                                            Very good idea Grantsforce. It would be informative for us new starters of who to stay clear of, since we are all looking for loans. Who do we contact to set up that section?
                                                              Lighthouse24 Ranger

Having a "black list" thread is an attractive idea, yet I think we as members and BoA as a site sponsor should think it through carefully. What if someone confuses this "scam" Trinity Financial with the very legitimate Trinity Financial Group, or one of the other 89 legitimate private lenders that are currently listed with D&B that have "Trinity Financial" in their name? What if a customer has a grudge or a competitor plays dirty and puts your business on the list? What if you put someone on it, they take issue, subpoena BoA for contact information, and sue everyone in the thread for libel? And if a scammer could easily get his/her business off the list without some kind of legal or administrative action, what would be the real value of having the list?

If someone posts a question like this about a specific business or opportunity, we can all offer our personal opinions and experiences freely (in fact, I wish more people would ask questions like that before they jump into some of the MLMs being pushed here). A "black list" might carry a greater burden for the participants and BoA alike. It's something to consider, at least.

Most "scammers" are easy to identify -- a Yahoo-type e-mail address, a website hosted in a country with which the U.S. has less-then-ideal diplomatic or trade relations, a physical location that USPS and FedEx says doesn't exist, or a phone number that's a pay phone in Denny's or a bus station are all pretty good signs that you're not dealing with a real bank or merchant card provider. If a business is sophisticated enough to look totally legit, they're probably sophisticated enough to stay off a black list.

Again, I agree with the idea in principle, and appreciate you bringing it up for discussion -- I just think putting the idea into practice may be much easier said than done. Thanks.

brownsugar56 Wayfarer
                                                                very good idea, because people believe in these people because they say things like you can show this to your lawyer my reply is okay i already contact my lawyer and they would like the forms to come to there office. as some said because we are looking for loans for a new start they prey on people like us.
                                                LUCKIEST Guide
                                                Trinity Financial Loans, Be careful. They are in Hawaii and you read
                                                what That Girl wrote about them.
                                                Try Googling them.
                                                LUCKIEST
                                                  SageTrout Wayfarer
                                                  I have never heard of this company. What type of loan were you seeking with them?

We are a legitimate company. We belong to BBB and two major leasing organizations and follow their code of ethics.

Web address - www.equitycorpfinance.com

Please contact me and I'll see if I can help you. DougA@equitycorpfinance.com or call me at 888-498-8999 ext. 109
                                                    sntbhcg Newbie

I wanted to thank you for all that everyone wrote about this company, I'm in the same boat.
                                                    I have two kids and bad credit, I need a loan really bad just so I can get caught up. But after
                                                    reading this in here I am not sending any money, I smoke with the same women (Deon). I just
                                                    finished the paperwork and got scared because the fact that I had to send $600 before I received
                                                    the loan 72 hours later. That would take 3/4 of my pay check to pay this and I can't afford to loose
                                                    that much money. The other person I spoke to was Billy Martin but he told me that they could take
                                                    the deposit out of the loan and then I was forced to speak to Deon because "billy was being retrained

because he was giving the wrong information". I sure hope that people research this company before

they send them money. I am glad that I didn't give them my bank info.

Again thank you for all your notes in here, you help me not make a stupid decision.
                                                        bosoxgirl Wayfarer
                                                        Good I am glad that we could all help.

For fun I googled the names that signed the contract and they all come up as fraudulent names used in wire scams. I asked the my rep, Kelly, about that and she said that she would make management aware of that.

They are such frauds!!!

I think that they prey on people with nowhere else to go.

I wonder what would have happened if I had gone with the co signer option. I wonder what they would have charged me then...
                                                            thatgirl Wayfarer
                                                            I didn't think to Google the names! That was smart! I cannot believe that they employ this many people and go to these great lengths for this kind of scam. It must be worth it if they get around a thousand per person. I just don't know why no one has started yelling about this before us!! I would just die if I actually got a check from them!!! LOL! I will let you know if that happens!!
                                                                bosoxgirl Wayfarer
                                                                If you do ... I will drop dead.

Yeah they were all listed on a webiste from the UK as part of scams. Those people from Trinity were listed under a bunch of advance fee companies all over the place and some were associated with those lottery emails that you get as spam.
                                                              dannyo Newbie
                                                              hello the same thing happed to me deon scamed me out af 3000 dollars and i had phone the police and the opp. and samething a house in the mitle of no where. so i was investigating it mt self and found out that it most of then had worked for western uinion. A little bit fishie to me. Im still on then and i tell you they arnt that smart i have picters of 3 of the girls that pick the money up and a lot of info on then.and i will get them for all of us .
                                                              dramaqueen Newbie
                                                              They also say they are located in Toronto.When I was checking them out ,I asked them what was the next step to take for a loan.(before I gave them any info.)When I started asking questions,after they told me to send my Sin No and drivers licence info and a pay stub,(I thought it a little odd,)When I asked the girl exactly what they did she put me on hold.Guess I was asking too much,so bottom line was she said I needed a house to put up for security,Why didnt she tell me that even before she told me to send my info.
                                                              DO NOT trust this company.She also didnt know what rate I was going to get charged for the loan.HMMM Very strange.
                                                                  thatgirl Wayfarer

Your house??? That is awful. She put me on hold alot too. Any time I pressed her she would put me on hold but I never hung up. I keep calling too. Just for fun! They should have to squirm after they stole my, and so many others, money!! Glad you didn't go through with it!