Post a new topic
    20 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2011 9:32 AM by Moderator Jim

Online Product Selling

lornfate Wayfarer

Good Day Everyone,

I am a newcomer in this online business and I want someone to teach me how this will work.

My product is a Laptop Bag which also offers pockets for different accessories like phones, ipads, etc.

It is a scalable laptop bag that can be compressed, expand and be customized based on the need of the user.

If you have any suggestion how to have sales online and what sites should I post my products, please share it to me.

I need your help.

Thanks.

• Online Product Selling
          smallbsnbnkr Newbie

hello Lornfate

The only suggestion I would have is to have your own website first, and then advertise threw Ebay or what not...By having your own website obviously people can go to your website and see products, but also when you try to process credit cards it is much cheaper to run a WEB based merchant Service's to receive credit card payment then going threw paypal...and on top of that you dont have to request your money from paypal and wait till they send you a check, you can get Merchant Service Threw your local bank of america and receive your money next day.

good Luch

Smallbsnbnkr

• Online Product Selling
            WSBryanJaneczko Wayfarer

I would place your laptop bag and any other products you want to market on a site like Quirky, which introduces new products to a specific market online and they give feedback and they also have the chance to buy the product if they like it. Check it out.

Best Regards,

Bryan Janeczko, Founder of Wicked Start

• Online Product Selling
              kingwholesales1 Wayfarer

Selling online sounds great. I sell Handbags and wallets on the side through salons. Here is what I did to get my products noticed. I set up a display rack in 5 salons with about 25 Handbags and 20 wallets. On the tag of my products I put my website address. This has been a success for me.

with you trying to sell and market your laptop bag I would go to some local computer stores and get the owner to agree in contract to sell your product for 90 days. Put your website on the tag. While doing this expand your laptop bag to a variety of colors and choices. Give your customer a variety to pick from. Run a weekly promo on your product and offer discounts. Hope this all will help you.

• Online Product Selling
                WSBryanJaneczko Wayfarer

Hi Lornfate,

If your product is recieved well by the community on Quirky (people online who rate, review and give feedback about your laptop bag or any other product), then yes Quirky will personally help you market and sell your product. This is how Quirky words, you pay $10 to submit a product idea. You pitch the idea/product to Quirky members and they vote and review it. If they like it (they will also give you comments and critique on what's working and what's not working about your product) then you'll have the opportunity to sell to them.

Learn more here

I'm not associated with Quirky but I know a lot of startups with great products go here to test, market and sell their new products.

-Bryan J.

Founder of Wicked Start

• Online Product Selling
                  Nikki De Dios Wayfarer

Try to qualify to be a merchant on an online shopping website. i know where you can read about this merchant/partner program and read their terms, you never know you might qualify -- go to this site

Hope this could help,

Nix

• Online Product Selling
                      lornfate Wayfarer

But I already have a website. Can I use it for this one or I need to build one?

Please help.

Thanks.

• Re: Online Product Selling
                          Nikki De Dios Wayfarer

Are you in contract with your developer? If you are then that's gonna be hard coz what you need to qualify is to create a website from them so that youll be enlisted as a merchant. Have you read their terms about the partner program? It would be a good investment coz you will be in listed on the site.

For example you are a partner already, on the shopping website that they have,average of 45000 visitors/shoppers a day visiting that site. No joke! thats covering all of u.s and canada.I've been to the seminar of this so I've seen it. Lets say atleast a thousand is searching for "bags"..ALL the stores that sell bags will appear and ofc ourse their will be comparison of prices.. Now what if your price or design was desired by a certain customer? That means a sale! A thousand potential customer a day even a hundred is not a joke,right?

Big companies like best buy,victoria's secret,dell and etc. pay this company just for them to be listed as a merchant. But the company is giving small business a chance to have traffic to their business as well,one of their requirement is only to create a website from them. Check this SITE, this will be the online shopping website you will be enlisted. Goodluck with your future endeavors

• Re: Online Product Selling
                        Darrell Feagin Newbie

Go to Site Build It!  There site teaches you the pros and cons of website development, marketing and they provide the tools you need to get your product or service (your website) recognized by the search engines.

• Online Product Selling
                          jackysouer Wayfarer

craigslist is an awesome marketing tool, I seriously can't wait for a store platform that will come up with an integration to post ads on craigslist, izonet say they will have it soon on their features page, this is one of the reasons i really like them, they seem they know what they're doing.