Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2011 10:52 PM by wordperfect

Anyone been effected by Panda?

wordperfect Scout

A few years back now my web site enjoyed a Google rank of 4.

Then, suddenly it fell of the radar, for a long time I thought it was something I had or hadn't done that led to its fall.

Then I read that Mr G had reorganised the way sites were ranked and my situation wasn't unusual.

For a couple of years after it languished at 1.

A few weeks ago, maybe more I noticed a sudden surge in interest in my site from Analytics, nothing startling but certainly an increase.

I also found my ranking had doubled, whoohoo, now a 2!

Today I read that Mr G has set the Panda lose and again the game has been reset.

So, any one notice any change to THEIR site, winners, losers?

• Anyone been effected by Panda?
          KathleenF Scout

Hey wordperfect,

What do you mean they "reset"?  I'm curious what you mean.

wordperfect Scout

Hi Kathleen, well it was a sort of tongue in cheek comment partly inspired by some in the SEO business who peddle their claims much like the travelling medicine man from the back of a covered wagon and partly inspired by the computer game culture.

When game is over resetting brings you back for another try.

KathleenF Scout

Hi Wordperfect,

I understand what the word reset in general means but how does this apply to Google?  Is this in their policies?  What causes the "reset" to happen?

wordperfect Scout

Hi Kathleen, maybe I am being too abstruse .

As I said above, my comment was tongue in cheek, a little sarcastic maybe, meaning that SEO is a game.

Reset was used in that context and has NOTHING to do with Mr G policies.

Or did you mean [very unlikely] that you want to know what Google's changes are?

I took the article from a web site, i would attach the link here but I know it will be deleted by the sensors.

As i said in a reply to another post, that was sensored, maybe you can Google for it, I am sure it is all over the web,Google only have to sneeze and the world buys tissues.

Anyway, this seems to be denegrating into a private discussion twixt theee and me, so lets end it here.

Also, I read your reply re Luckiest's short oneliner, still do not agree but it is well off topic and I don't think it is polite to hijack the OP topic so maybe we have to agree to disagree on that.

Lastly, it has been a while and i belong to several global forums, but didn't we used to have a sort of classified section, for posting blatant self worshiping and promoting posts?