Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2008 10:42 PM by sosnmass

Websites, Logos, Admins Assistance and much more

sosnmass Wayfarer
      Satellite Office Solutions (SOS) is here to help you and your business move in the right direction. We are an on- and off-site business assistant, catering to small- and medium-sized businesses that are growing and in need of extra support or starting out. I am a whole new breed of business. I offer anything and everything a business needs and more. If I don't have it I will get it. Coming soon, more marketing assistance, larger printing service, and business coaching. These are just a few of whats to come...

Why am I am new breed well because I am not money drivin I have a large heart and a true passion to assist people. I have done logs for 25.00 and websites for 100.00. No one person is the same or has the same resources or finances as the next. I have payment plans and hosting available as well as package deals. I also provide any of my services in exchange for barter. Just ask. Contact me and we can talk.

Lourdes
      Satellite Office Solutions
        • Re: Websites, Logos, Admin Assistance and much more
          sosnmass Wayfarer
          woops ...hit the wrong button and it posted sorry for the typo. (driven)
          • Re: Websites, Logos, Admins Assistance and much more
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Satellite Office Solutions (SOS), Good marketing. I am a Quickbooks Consultant.
            I also will provide my services in exchange for barter. Will call you this morning,
            Good luck, LUCKIEST
                sosnmass Wayfarer

Sounds good! The reason for me doing this is well like I said so many want to start a business and well, you can't make money unless you spend money...but you can't spend what you don't have to even start. Know what I mean. So I give people that extra help. I do hope that I can spread the word out to who I am and that people know that it can be done and does not have to cost them so much. When I started off I wanted a website...they told me it was going to cost me 500.00 for the site + 150.00 for the word content + 100.00 for URL, Hosting etc. + 200.00 for logo etc. I had not even started the business yet and I was already in debit....I was so discouraged and upset. So what did I do...I got smarter! Took some free night glasses on webdesign...learned how to make websites, so used that to barter with someone who wanted a site and who was good at writing, then researched the who URL, hosting thing and did it all myself....want to know how much it cost me....My website cost me 200.00 to make(software), 0.00 for the word content did the trade, 60.00 URL PAID for 2 yrs and 2mo hosting, and logo 25.00.

So when it was all said and done....950.00 turned into 285.00+ 72hrs of labor and 1month teaching.this was back in 2003. I am very proud of myself and very upset of how people value the all mighty dollar and not the person. So I VOWED NOT to do that to anyone else ever and to help everyone I can...yes money is better and feeds you but barter is the exact same thing just an older version of it!

So I help all I can...so anyone reading this dont get discouraged! If all else I am here to help you.

Lourdes

Satellite Office Solutions

http://satelliteofficesolutions.com
                amynwesley Adventurer
                Hi my name is Amy Wesley, owner and CEO of Nickels and Dimes Advertising. Since my profile is no longer up you will have to visit my website, www.nickelsanddimes.biz for more information. Basically Nickels and Dimes Advertising provides businesses with there needed promotional material, fliers, newsletters, business cards and brochures. We also offer businesses the change to advertise in our newsletter for a fee and will be introducing a subscription service soon. I cater to small businesses as well and I have a question for you. You said you have done websites for $100 and logos for $25.00. Pricing is, I think any small business owners problem. You don't want to go to low because people will undoubtebly take advantage of what you have to offer and that old adage, you get what you pay for comes into play. But you can't price to high or they will take off running into the arms of your competitors. How do you find that balance? How are you able to turn a profit charging just $100 for a website? Have people ever questioned the quality of your products or services?
                I mean obviously our business expenses differ. With the costs of paper and ink going up I have to charge my customers a little bit more than I'm comfortable with to be able to provide them with the quality of services they want and to be able to keep up with those costs. I'm just really interested in hearing from you on this.
                What exactly is a barter? I'm still getting the whole business lingo thing.
                    sosnmass Wayfarer
                    Hi Amy thanks for your post...how am I able to charge so little...easy. I am not hurting for the money....enough said with that. I also know several business owners that give me exclusives on ink, paper, anything I want...that comes from years of knowing the right people. So I think that solves many of your questions...anyone and everyone who owns a business can charge how ever they choose. I choose not to charge people anything they can't afford. Taking advanage you say...whos taking advantage of who...how about people who charge 100's - 1000's on something that only cost 2.00 to make...I worked with a large manufacturing business many years so know the ends and outs and how people mark up things to make money...so think of me as whole sale business services if you will...I dont charge people more then I need to make a profit...and you know what it works...I have people wanting me to work on things for them...why because they know I am not going to cheat them. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain...word or mouth is 10K more time powerful then advertising in some newspaper or anything else...as for barter...meaning say you have something I want...and I have something you want...well we basically trade...I hope this helps..thanks for the advice but I am doing just fine the way things are. Like I said I have everything to gain...so I undercut everyone else...its not a bad thing...its an honest thing.