Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2008 5:38 PM by JEANNE

Getting Published

Shorinryu Newbie
      Does anyone have any advise on how to get a book published?
        • Re: Getting Published
          nholzner Newbie
          Assuming that the book you want to publish is nonfiction, you need to put together a book proposal to submit to publishers. This usually consists of a pitch, a market analysis, an author bio (why you're the best person to write this book), and a chapter-by-chapter outline, along with two sample chapters. Some publishers accept submissions directly from authors; others require that you have an agent.

Research publishers. Who publishes books that might appear next to yours on a bookshelf? Go to that publisher's Web site and find out what their submission guidelines are. If you need an agent, a good resource for finding one is agentquery.com.

If you want to publish the book yourself, lulu.com is a good self-publisher. They won't do any editing or formatting of your book, but they have great help files and they don't rip you off with up-front costs like other self-publishers do.

Hope this helps.

LUCKIEST Guide
            First of all welcome to this web site. To get published you need a literary agent.
            *The process of finding a literary agent can be one of the most
            frustrating steps in getting a*
            *book published, and one of the most
            important. A good agent will help edit your book,*
            *get it into the hands
            of receptive editors, and make sure that you get the best possible
            deal.*
            Finish writing before contacting literary agents.
            Research literary agents.
            Avoid literary agents who charge fees.
            Good luck, LUCKIEST
              CEO Space Scout
              Welcome to the forum.

The above advice that you got already is correct.

I might add that we have launched many authors from our network at CEO Space.

Even just July 2007, a friend of mine from a very small town who had done all the right
              things and still didn't have a publisher got an agent and a publishing contract from
              her very first CEO Space forum. Her book is being published in May 2008.

We also launched Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen of "The Chicken Soup for the Soul" books.

And Lisa Nichols came to one of our forums and met Jack Canfield and that is how
              she got her book published and started on the road to being on Oprah, Larry King Live
              and The Secret Movie.

Those are just to name a view. There are many other authors who launched from out network.

You can read all about why authors join CEO Space at www.ceospaceworld.com

Good Luck,

Kathy Hadley
                  Shorinryu Newbie
                  Thank you for taking the time to answer. You have given me alot of useful info to follow up on. Hopefully one day I will be one of the names on the published authors list. Thank you again.
                    JEANNE Newbie

I started writing my autobiography over a year now about my life that had been very traumatic then turns out to be very successful, i would very much love to write my story so i can inspire others, I am still on the first page and cannot go any further i am short for words and do not want to pay a ghost writer I really would like to do this myself, how do i put this together.
                    Lighthouse24 Ranger
                    Here is a good thread on this same question from a few weeks ago . . .

Getting published - how to?

Feel free to follow up with any specific questions. Best wishes!