Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2008 11:12 AM by MADMAN

HOW TO MARKET A DRYWALL COMPANY

DTIFFDRYWALL Newbie

NEED MARKETING STRATEGIES TO GET PROJECTS AND HOW TO BUDGET A PROJECT IS ALSO ONE OF MY CONCERNS. NEED HELP......
        • Re: HOW TO MARKET A DRYWALL COMPANY
          pinevalley Newbie
          Drywall,

What is your background and experiance?
          Are you targeting residential or commercial projects?
            pinevalley Newbie
            Your client list is generally going to be Home Builders and General Contractors, not the end user (Home Owner / Tenant). Builders and GC's typically have a stable of subcontractors (that would be you) that they invite to bid on their projects.

You should compile a list of Contractors in your market and start visiting them and ask to be added to their "Bid List". Many companies will have a plan room where you can view the drawings of any projects for which they are currently accepting bids.

Another avenue to explore would be your local reproduction centers. The larger centers that specialize in reproduction of construction drawings often provide a free online service where they will send e-mail notices for public projects. Here is one in the Miami area you can check out. www.ldireporprinting.com.

Budgeting is a more complicated subject. You need to be aware of material prices, which change regularly, and productivity rates of your installers. One place that may help you get started in the right direction is www.rsmeans.com. The offer construction cost data publications.

I hope that helps.

Good luck!
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              MADMAN Wayfarer

Take a look at my post Vehicle Wraps by Madman Signs & Reproductions, Inc. you may like this kinda advertising since your truck will be out in front of buisness and houses it will work for you while your working everyday