Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 3:05 PM by LUCKIEST

Snowboard clothing line started, seeking consistent manufacturer/wholesaler and business sense

I recently got started on developing a line of womens snowboarding tall hoodies.  We purchase the hoodies through a wholesaler, then we do our own screenprinting to brand the product.  Thus far we have only done sample orders through a wholesaler in China who is willing to ship single samples orders before we purchase in bulk.  This is great because we can check out if we like the units before we order a bunch.  The downside is the product is super inconsistent and they sellout of their sample units and after that point you must purchase in bulk.  I have reached a point where I have decided I need to start taking steps towards finding a manufacturer and outsourcing the printwork.  I plan on traveling to China towards the end of the year in order to shop around for manufacturers, handpick textiles, and basically have a great learning experience for my business.  But in the meantime, I would love to learn about more resources I could use with regard to researching this aspect of running a clothing line. I have barely gotten started and already I have tons of demand for product and promotion and nothing to show for it!!  I would love to hear from someone who has been there and done that any suggestions as to what my next steps should be.