Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 10:05 AM by MarylandBanker

How do I start an online business selling ebooks?

I already have purchased a name for my website, but don't know where to begin the process of selling ebooks--not ones I've written--but any book out there, like is done at many bookstores.

• How do I start an online business selling ebooks?
          David Wayfarer

Hi,

I would suggest you to take eccommerce hosting if you want to sell ebooks online. This is the most suitable package for you since you will require dedicated IP and SSL certificate for your shopping cart, these things are

included in this package.

Check Infrenion Networks website for more details.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Carlo Wayfarer

You have multiple choices here.

Setting up your own e-commerce website or sell your e-books through services like "2checkout.com" or "google checkout" or "e-bay" or "clickbank.com" or "amazon" to start with and see how it works out for you.

It all depends how big your budget to invest is and what suites best your business idea - good luck with your business idea.

In reference to your domain, are you targeting a specific audience of information?

Or, are you going to be selling ebooks centered around various markets and topics?

If your just beginning, you may want to find affiliate offers first.  That way, they can take care of all the support and refund issues.I  Something you may have to get involved with doing an ecommerce site.

Another option is starting with one specific market, find the the product ebook and use Paypal.

A few more ideas to think about.

All the best,

Mike

Wayfarer

It may be faster and cheaper for you to set up a store at amazon.com

They will charge you about $35 per month but you can list the books within minutes by entering the ISBN number and that will automatically create the book image for you.  If you have many books, this is a great way to get you going fast.

It is not cheap but it will allow you to learn a lot about the business without hassles. I sell my kid's college text books on amazon.com after classes end and sometime I sell all the books in one day.  I can teach you anything you need to know about this process.

Maria

Thanks Maria--your idea is very appealing.  Do you know how to sell ANY book from any company?  Do I contact book companies?  Since I'm not trying to sell any ebook that I've written, I need to know how to go about selling all kinds of ebooks.

Wayfarer

You will want to do a search on google for ebook publishing companies, or go to an actual book that is hot on the market, then look up the publisher and then google that company to contat them and become a reseller.  You may need to be registered with your state and have an EIN number in order to be able to become a reseller.

Also, if you want to sell ebooks not via amazon.com I recommend www.mycart.net which is very easy to use and has the ability to sell online/downloadable products.  I always used this product for clients that wanted a very easy to learn and manage site-this can be used with the domain name that you purchased and it does have the ability to have SEO added (which is super important).

Maria