Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 5:10 PM by MrAri

My husband and I are looking to start a business together and seeking advice how to get the funding to get started.

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read and provide expert guidance. My husband and I are looking to start a company together combining both of our expertise. I have my dealers license and have worked as an auto broker and have been in the auto/motorcycle industry for the past 6 years. My husband has owned his own transporting company about 5 years ago before he had gotten into the motorsports mobile marketing for the US Army and NASCAR. Between my husband and I we have so many connections to build our company and the knowledge to be successful....yet it seems as though anyone that we know that at one point of time would of invested into our business is hurting financially and do not have the funds to help us get it started again. I am finding myself running into a brick wall as to what we should do to get the funding and what it would take to get it up and running...and who we should speak to. What do banks look for when asking for funding to get a business up and running? Is it true that banks are not helping new business? How can I make sure to have that WOW factor when talking to banks?

In the past I have communicated with SCORE and didn't feel as though I got any where. Does anyone have any guidance on our next step towards our dream?