Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 10:57 AM by SBC Team

SBOC updates

caffeinated Scout

Hello SBOC! It's been a while since I last checked in and I see there have been quite a few changes to the community.

• No forum categories. Well there are, but the process flow is has changed. I now choose to start a discussion first and then choose a destination. Before it was the other way around.
      • The ability to Follow other members. I suspect this is like "Friending" like on Facebook
      • I have a History of Places I visited or content I read
      • I also see Polls from the Your Stuff drop-down but nothing is there. Do I participate in a poll or create one? I'm not realy sure
      • Holy cow, there's a ton more profile fields. I better get on that!

Did I miss anything else? What does everyone think of the changes?

-caffeinated

• SBOC updates
          caffeinated Scout

Ah Ha, just after posting I noticed you can Edit, Move and Delete your posts?!?! Cool! And even "Like" posts!

• SBOC updates
              KathleenF Scout

Welcome back, caffeinated!

Yes, many changes. We are glad to hear you like them.

Remember to check out "your profile" link at the top of the page and fill everything out.  There is a second tab available there that will allow you to set your personal privacy settings.  This is kinda like how Facebook allows you to set what people can see and what they can't.

Again, welcome back to the community!

Kathleen

• SBOC updates
                  SBC Team Guide

Yes.  Welcome back, caffeinated! 

The SBOC Team

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
                      • SBOC updates
                        KathleenF Scout

Hi Mark,

Locked threads are no longer accessible due to the length of time they have been inactive.

Also, as a reminder, please do not post your email address on the community.  You are more than welcome to make it public in your profile but posting it live on any thread can result in removal of your content.

Thanks,

Kathleen

• SBOC updates
                            mlshadek2 Wayfarer

Kathleen,

I understand and respect the rules. I apologize for that.

Is there anyway you guys would get in touch as administrators with this guy and see if he would like to get in touch with me?

I would really like to reach out to him. He started a very similar business to what I would like to. I am from the same geographic region and have a very similar background. And we share the same first name! Please help! I would desperately like to get in touch with this guy!

Is there anything you can do? This forum is all about putting people in touch right?

Thanks!

Mark

• Re: SBOC updates
                                SBC Team Guide

Hi Mark,

I think I can shed some light on this for you.  You’re right- this community is about small business entrepreneurs helping one another and sharing information.  However, as community administrators we cannot directly contact members who have chosen not to provide their contact information.

The best I can tell you is this: I see that you have made your own email address available to other registered members.  This is a good first start.  Hopefully the member you are seeking will read this post and respond to you via a reply to this thread or directly by your email address.

Thanks again for your understanding.

The SBOC Team

• SBOC updates
                          caffeinated Scout

Thanks KathleenF and SBOCTeam. I keep finding new stuff.

• Have private discussions with other members
                          • "Like" posts

Cool!