Post a new topic
    19 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 4:20 AM by webmirer

Ready for an e-commerce website. Web Designers please inquire.

Risktk666 Newbie
      Hi,

After careful consideration I have decided to have a Business website. I am in the jewelry business and have been for several years. I am looking for someone to design my website from top to bottom at a professional level. I am unaware of some of the specifics but do know I will have somewhere around 250 items. I do not have a pre-determined budget therefore, am looking for the most experienced with the best pricing. Unless you have several commercial websites on your resume then I can't consider your company. I would like to thank all inquiries in advance and appreciation any additional opinions.

Thanks
      eb
        • Re: Ready for an e-commerce website. Web Designers please inquire.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Welcome to this website. I am a SCORE Consultant and can tell you about SCORE and how they
          SCORE can help you and your business FREE. SCORE is a partner to Bank of America.
          I can also suggest that on the Members page you add a few words about you and your business.
          There have been many posting about both creating and reviewing websites.
          You will get answers and you can also look back over the past postings.
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
            LUCKIEST Guide
            666, Another suggestion. 4 days ago, Trentton posted " I NEED A WEBSITE "
            So far there have been 16 replies. Check it out, LUCKIEST
              MDF2008 Wayfarer

*+First:
              *1. What is the goal of your website? *

2. What is your budget?

3. What is your timeline?

4. Do you have a budget for SEO?
              + Having a website is one piece driving qualified customers is the other key part of the puzzle.+

5. Do you have a business plan?

techtromike Newbie
                I can help you. I am a web developer with plenty of professional references. I recently did a ecommerce store for a online gift basket shop.

Send me a note and I will send you some examples of my work.

Some one major consideration when it comes to a ecommerce store is the quality of the product pictures. Do you already have pictures of your products, maybe from the manufacture or do you have to take the pictures? They have something called a product showcase (It's a white fold out tent with lights) that I recomend my customers with online stores to purchase that allows you to take the perfect picture every time.
                  MDF2008 Wayfarer
                  +
                  It sounds like a good game plan.

All the best. MDF2008
                      Risktk666 Newbie

Thanks for all the replies that have been given so far. Let me attempt to answer these questions as best as possible.

I've attempted to build my own website and have not reached my ideal website. In addition I have taken a course on webdesign at a local university but it lacked the expertise to develope a "good" e-commerce site. Lastly, I currently do run 2 business and it is extremely time consuming. Therefore, I've decided that hiring someone to develope a website for me would be the best option.

1. No, I don't have any stock photos of the items I would like to be listed online. I will inquire about pictures from some of my suppliers. I was hoping to use there catalog photos for the site in many instances. Though i've been having trouble with the quality of the pictures in some instances.

2. No, I have not determined my budget as I am welcoming all web developers bids.

3. I am not worried about marketing my website on WWW as I'm mainly creating this website for all current and future customers (from my current 2 locations). I stronly believe that my customers will feel more confident if I have a well developed website. In addition if I ever want to recieve funding I think it will compliment my current resume.

4.No, I have not developed a business plan as I don't think that the website will be an extremely large investment and it is not the main source of income.

Any additional information anyone can provide would be a great help.
                      MomFaves Newbie
                      If I were you, I would check out shopify.com ! It's one of the least expensive, attractive options I've run into. There are a lot of options, a lot of people that will offer to build you a site like this. I have no affilation with shopify.com .... it's just helped me and many others who need something like what you are describing. Cheers!

Josh
                        PureAction Wayfarer
                        Hello,

Making your decision to develop an on-line presence is a good one, thats a fact.
                        Making your presence stand out from the others is a difficult task.

Since you asked I'll take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I have been involved in marketing 15+ years and specifically internet marketing for about 10 - learning the ins and outs of what works online can often be a costly experience. All things considered you could start your site basically free of charge - however your left out in the vast online marketplace alone to figure out SEO and the elements needed to be successful.

thats what I bring to the table - the knowledge - and the experience building programs that have generated 300,000+ unique visitors per month in highly competative channels of the internet.

I employ a hands on approach and have been building as well as marketing websites for years and have learned what it takes to be successfull. That process takes time to grow organically. If your interested in more about what I have learned over the past 15 years please dont hesitate to contact me via www.robertbusse.com

hope to hear from you and good luck

regards,
                        robert
                          pinkus05 Newbie
                          Hi,

I was looking for one as well for my restaurant, and a friend of mine referred unboggleIT (I think www.unboggleIT.com) since they were making professional looking websites, and my friend thought that their fees were very low. They charged something like $30 per month so there's no huge upfront investments. I have not worked with them though so I can say much. I just think their prices were good.

With that, can I also get more information on other web designers, or can you give a comment on unboggleIT?

Thanks,
                            RStudios Newbie
                            Hello eb,
                            I think my services are a great match for your needs, please check out my portfolio at http://www.lauraroeder.com to see a few of the high-quality, professionally designed sites that I've produced. I am located in Chicago but regularly work with clients from around the country. Feel free to email me at info at lauraroeder.com and I’d be happy to put together a proposal for your site.
                              SB.i2i Newbie

I'm an IT professional and am writing to give you a few points. You should clarify in your request whether your 250 items are for information purposes or they will be available to purchase online. These are two very different types of web sites. I know you mentioned "e-commerce" in your subject line, but this needs to be clarified since many use the term loosely. In your search, try to differentiate the people who are graphic designers and actual web site developers. You should work with someone who is experienced as a web site developer by reviewing their work and sites, and talking to them. Remember that many times a web site may look attractive on the surface, but if it's not designed and architectured right, it may not serve your objectives in an ongoing basis. The best way to identify the right person or company, besides looking at their work and getting references, is to talk to them and see if they are asking you the right questions about your business, what you want to accomplish, whether you'll need periodic updates, what kind of traffic do you expect or target, online marketing...etc.
                              Good luck.
                                pdmiller Adventurer
                                please check out my company, Affordable Web Design and Graphic Solutions. www.awdgs.com

Thank you,
                                Patty Miller, owner
                                  dollsbags Adventurer
                                  DollsBags.com started out 3 years ago with a turn-key e-commerce application called shop-script by WebAsyst. http://www.shop-script.com. We have grown tremendously since then and I now have a team of developers working with me to do all of the custom work that we need to have done on our site. I believe that we are up to somewhere around one-half million pages now including the discussion pages, etc.

That being said though, Shop-script will work off the shelf and requires very little web design knowledge. You can easily change the theme, load product pictures and descriptions, etc. I believe that they still have free installation services and I do know that they have excellent tech support. If you have some basic html skills, you can add some flash content and other fun stuff. Shop-script works with all of the makor mechant processors including paypal, authorize,net and many others. Often times, enabling a new feature is as easy as checking a box in the admin screen.

I would suggest starting there and saving some money on a custom designed site. However, there are many excellent developers out there that will bid on your project if you do want a completely custom ecommerce site. Post your project on guru.com with a reasonable projected budget, and you will receive a lot of responses. Ask for references and website examples for work done previously.

Good luck!
                                  Rich
                                    rainmaker87 Newbie
                                    <!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                                    Normal
                                    false
                                    false
                                    false
                                    EN-US
                                    X-NONE
                                    X-NONE
                                    MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
                                    </xml><!endif--><!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                                    </xml><!endif-->
                                    <!--if gte mso 10>
                                    <style>
                                    /* Style Definitions */
                                    table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
                                    </style>
                                    <!endif-->
                                    Hi Eb,

My name is JD Shah and I work for Softweb Solutions. A Chicago based firm having offshore development centre in India.

We are an
                                    ISO 9001:2000 and Microsoft Certified Gold Partner company based in
                                    Chicago, IL (USA) with presence in UK and India. The offshore development
                                    center in India has a team of 200+ IT Professionals working full time and
                                    serving global clients including Fortune 500 companies. The development
                                    center is strategically located with at least 100+ colleges and universities in
                                    the radius of 100 kms and this gives us an edge in terms of the availability of
                                    a pool of talent/resources.

We have a large team of experts
                                    with experience varying from 3 years to 10+ years. Some of the technologies we
                                    breathe are: MOSS 2007, .NET, JAVA / J2EE / J2ME, LAMP, MS Dynamics, BizTalk /
                                    Commerce Server, MS Silverlight / InfoPath 2007, Adobe FLEX / AIR / Flash 3.0,
                                    Automated Testing, Team Foundation Server 2008.

I will be more than happy to
                                    share some of our previous success stories with you. Looking forward to hearing
                                    from you soon. My e-mail address: jd@softwebsolutions.com

Thanks,
                                    JD Shah
                                      malena Adventurer
                                      Hey!! I see, it's too late. And you may already have no need, but recently I' ve faced with a cool company that specializes in web technologies (like web sites, flash animations). By the way I ordered some. And was satisfied with results, everything was made professionally and was easy in use. So I could recommend it to U but can't download a link in order to see their sites' examples.

If U'r still interested in it, write me in here.
                                        webmirer Newbie
                                        Hi,

Here at Webmirer we are not just about design we look to have a business strategy to give your online business a leap above the competition. We look at the bigger picture and turning them visitors into all important sales. Please take a look at some of our work at http://www.webmirer.co.uk. My contact details are as follows lee@webmirer.co.uk.

Many Thanks

Lee Parker (Web Developer)