Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2010 6:39 PM by aimtoplease

Best Internet sites, magazines for small business news?

Hi. I was wondering what some of the definitive internet sites and magazines are for small business news? I'd like to try and learn more and stay up to date on trends and happenings -- including legislation, and I'm wondering if folks would be willing to share some of their favorites? Thanks.
        • Re: Best Internet sites, magazines for small business news?
          Adventurer
          Well, the web is so full of them that it's hard to say. Startupnation.com is a good one that is packed with info. Smallbusinessforum.com is another active one. Entrepeneur.com, business.com...there are so many. If you have a particular point of interest, Google it and see what comes up. Just make sure it's an active site (you can tell by how much activity their forums and discussion groups get).

I've assembled a lot of business information on my website, thatsitforless.com, which mostly focuses on how to start and promote a small or home business and where to go to find the best free answers and advice. Also, the best of the best low-cost suppliers of anything and everything that a new business might need.

I've advised small, new and home businesses for years and I wanted there to be one safe place for newbies to go without getting ripped off. In my spare time (ha, ha) I write a free semi-daily newsletter on the economy and markets with some politics thrown in. I would be happy to add you to the emailing list if that is the type of information you are looking for.

linda@thatsitforless.com

Thanks @aimtoplease. These sites look great at first glance, and I'll definitely check them -- and yours -- out more deeply. I do realize there are thousands of places to get such info on the Internet, which is why I wanted to focus a bit and get some suggestions. For example, in the brokerage world, reading Registered Rep, or in the institutional/retirement world, reading PlanSponsor or Institutional Investor or 401(k) Wire. I just wasn't sure what some of the top small business ones were. Thanks again!
                  Adventurer
                  I've been an active investor for years now, along side whatever I am doing businesswise. The two sites I prefer are thestreet.com and marketwatch.com because they have by far the best caliber of traders and analysts - the experts you see regularly on all the financial networks. They both have sections on retirement, healthcare, and all sorts of other subjects. If I am looking for advice on something, especially when it relates to money and investing, I like to feel confident in the quality of people I am listening to. CNBC.com also has good video coverage of all the interviews they do during the day. It's better to listen to the source directly than it is to have commentators telling you their opinion of what was said.

I am going to be moving my newsletter to a blog format, probably within a few days, for my convenience. I will post the blog address here and you can check it out. I have a wide variety of readers so I try to put a little something in for everyone's interests.
                  WinnSom Wayfarer
                  Thanks for sharing the sites. I will browse through myself.