Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2011 1:14 PM by sam123

Coupon marketing - help needed.

karenH Adventurer

We are small business payroll tax solution provider. To reach more users, we want to try coupon marketing. If you have experience with coupon marketing, would you please give us some suggestions?

1. Where we can submit our coupon link?
      Have you used coupon distributor or site before? We like your suggestions.

2. What should be right the discount rate that is attractive enough for buyers? 10%, 25% or 50%?

Followings are two sample coupons we just created. The discount rate is 15% for business version check printing software.
      http://www.halfpricesoft.com/product_ezcheck_gift.asp?code=NOVUS15

And discount rate is 20% for personal version check printing software.
      http://www.halfpricesoft.com/check-printing-software-gift.asp?code=US5F20

Do you think the rate is attractive enough?

3. How many days the coupon should be valid? 15 days or 1 month?

4. I do not know how use Coupon with PayPal checkout. Can Paypal support coupon?

Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Karen
        • Re: Coupon marketing - help needed.
          SMB4SIX Newbie
          Hi Karen,

I know I'm new to the forum but I just thought I could give some beneficial feedback for you based on my experience with using coupon marketing as an effective marketing avenue...

1. Where we can submit our coupon link?

I have never used a coupon distributor or site before but you can do a couple of things here.. I would suggest utilizing a PPC campaign (on Google) with a specific landing page dedicated to your offer or coupon. Make sure there is a request form on this page to collect the prospects' information so you can contact them. Also, make sure you are split-testing your ad's to make sure you're running the most efficient one. Also, I would suggest setting up a link on your websites' homepage that drives your organic web leads to a similar (but not the same) web page. Just so it's easy to track.

2. What should be right the discount rate that is attractive enough for buyers? 10%, 25% or 50%?

I worked with a business who advertised a 20% discount. To test the response of other call to actions I suggested the 50% off tag. During the testing I experienced a dramatic increase in lead flow and ultimately purchases from the 50% off tag. You may want to test this before you run it but I would suggest using the 50% discount.

*Also, I checked out your link and the only input I have is to make the shown discounts (15% and 20%) larger and more appealing to the consumer to create a "Wow, I have to buy this now!" mentality.

3. How many days the coupon should be valid? 15 days or 1 month?

This truly depends on your industry. In my experience 4 - 6 weeks is efficient. You want to make sure that the offer isn't ran too short because it may seem like a "getting rid of inventory" special. Running it at a 4 - 6 week timeframe still gives value to the product.

4. I do not know how use Coupon with PayPal checkout. Can Paypal support coupon?

This, I am unsure of. I do not know if you can use Coupon with PayPal checkout. However, if you send traffic to your site you could definitely utilize PayPal.

I hope this is beneficial! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Best Wishes!
          • Re: Coupon marketing - help needed.
            Coupon distribution on your site or Facebook

http://www.ichibancoupons.com/
            • Coupon marketing - help needed.

One of the hotest coupon distribution systems these days are done via sites like groupon.com livingsocial though very costly, you could try some of the cheaper or even free systems from sites like offerpop.com or qpomp.com. Hope this helps.