Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 7:56 PM by raffledog

Targeting Homeowners

decorall Newbie
      We own a kitchen/bathroom cabinets, counter tops, flooring, etc company. The company started as just a counter top company more than decade ago targetting only developers and multi-units. Since then we have expanded our product line to cabinets, flooring, sinks, replacement doors, etc. We are now trying to target single homeowner in addition to our existing market of developers.

We would like to know effective and, of course, economical, way of marketing/advertising to home owners. We have setup appointment with SCORE and we hope that will help. Additionally, we have printed flyers for homeowners but are not sure whats the most effective way to target the homeowners.

Our pricing are very effective as we carry broad range of line that meets every budget from low insurance jobs to high-end projects.

I just joined this forum and this is my first post and I hope this community will guide me effectively.

Thank you in advance.
        • Re: Targeting Homeowners
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Targeting Homeowners, Welcome Raze

Yes we will try and guide you effectively. Contacting SCORE is always a great step. You can also go online and reach out to SCORE counselors (online) across the U. S. with your industry background.

Trade shows are a great way to target customers. Another is to sponser a local charity in your area and then get the local newspaper to write a story about your company and the charity.

Best of luck
          • Re: Targeting Homeowners
            raffledog Adventurer
            Try sending out a direct mailing to your area with a targeted mailing list. You can even do it yourself. Go to and come up with a postcard, get everything printed on there except the address (obviously). Most of the time you can get 100 free postcards from vistaprint and only have to pay for shipping. Then come up with a mailing list from one of the list sites out there (infousa). You can buy a roll of postcards stamps at your post office in rolls of 100. Slap them on, either print out labels or print the addresses on the postcards directly and send them out.

If you don't want to do all this work use a direct mailing company and only send out a couple of hundred to test the market. I would include some type of coupon to get the customer to come in. It's all about testing to see what works.