Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 3:35 PM by Guillo

Translate your web site and reach clients globally

business2008 Newbie
      In today's market it is essential to have a website, and with the booming business opportunities overseas (in Europe for example) you should have your site translated into several languages in order to reach a global clientele. We offer this great service and our clients see immediate revenue increase by presenting their products and services overseas in their native language. www.LingoPortal.com.
        • Re: Translate your web site and reach clients globally
          Buffalo Adventurer
          I have to say that this is an excellent idea. Imagine, speaking to people in their native language so that your business message is understood. Great concept and I wish you good luck.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            2008, Great idea. Where are you located and how long have you been in business??
            It sounds like a great idea. Need to check it out and also need a global product.
            LUCKIEST
                business2008 Newbie
                Hello Luckiest,

Thank you. We have been in business for over 12 years, located in Miami but work with national and international clientele, we translate all type of documents, like manuals and brochures, contracts, etc. We help clients localize their products and services. And we translate from and into all commercial languages. Feel free to contact us. info@lingoportal.com.

Business2008!
                CEO Space Scout
                Yes, I added the language translater to my web sites for free from google. The only thing was, every time I got an email from someone is another language, I'd have to translate it and then translate my response back. It took some back and forth to get the message but we worked it out eventually.
                    business2008 Newbie
                    CEO Space,
                    Yes, we have a lot of clients coming to us frustrated with the inaccuracy of the free translation tools, it can actually ruin your name and reputation. These tools translate words literally and sentences make no sense. You have to be careful with them. Contact us if you need clarification, we would be glad to help.......info@lingoportal.com.
                        CEO Space Scout
                        Thanks for the offer. I wasn't meaning the inaccuracy, though. I was talking about the emails. You see, they came to the web site, translated it, liked what they saw and wanted more information or had a question and emailed us.

Well, if you don't have someone who speaks all the languages, that is what we had to do, like I said in the other post.

I personally wouldn't be interested in anything for the web site that costs anything because I only started some businesses online March 23, 2007 to show a large group here locally how to make money from home with little money and little time without joining some MLM or network marketing group and doing something in an area you like.

Different businesses have different needs. If you decide to expand your business into foreign markets, using in-house amateur translators or free robot translations will give you a ton of headaches and will cost you more in the longrun. For proper translation you need a trained professional that is idealy native from your target market, since knowing the language is not enough, you need to have an understanding of the culture as well. This is what localization means, and it goes beyond mere translation. It is not a cheap service, but there is a reason successful bussineses still pay for it. I provide Miami translation services, and I've heard some real horror stories by people who went to professional translators only after their poorly translated services gave them huge problems.

As far as emails go, then it is more reasonable to use google translate, though if you have plans to go international you are more than likely to have hired staff that can speak the language to handle the international accounts. Internationalization is not cheap, but it pays off if you have a big market. Of course, not all businesses necessarilly will benefit from it.