Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2010 12:02 PM by LUCKIEST

Getting Into New Business with Little Capital

sandman17 Newbie
      I'm getting into a retail business, and I'm having a hard time getting credit for operating and cash flow. My father ran this business for 12 years before he sold to a local guy, since then the guy has file bankruptcy, and the business became available for a very good price. I jumped at the opportunity! It has tons of upside! My father owns the building, and it's going to cost me very little to buy the business. The problem I'm having is the feeling of security. I won't be receiving a commission check until the end of October, and I'm pretty much relying on my savings account, which will be dwindling by that time. I don't open up until the end of September, but I'll be gone for training for two weeks prior to that. Any suggestions on how I can get some capital (10,000 to 20,000). I currently have two houses one where my family and I reside and one rental. With no equity in either one. I have some credit card debt (6,000). I have a credit score of 696. Any advice is great!
        • Re: Getting Into New Business with Little Capital
          phanio Pioneer
          Most people in your situation use personal credit cards for the amounts you are seeking. It is how businesses have been funded for decades.

Since your credit score is not too bad - over 720 would be better - there are several different options for you - on our web site, we list several sources for unsecured business loans (and personal loans that can be used for business) - some that only deal with amounts under $25,000 and you get to really tell your story and some with amounts over $10,000 up to $100,000.

Lastly, there are always Micro Loan companies in and around your area - while they can provide up to $35,000 - they do have standard underwriting criteria and can take up to 5 or 6 months to fund. We have a search engine on our site that will let you search for these companies in or around your area.

Business Money Today
          http://www.businessmoneytoday.com/
          • Re: Getting Into New Business with Little Capital
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Getting Into New Business with Little Capital, Welcome

Who r u?? Where r u located?? Go to Members page and share some info.
            Do you have an accountant?? Do you take credit cards??
            Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE