Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2008 5:30 PM by Lighthouse24

Travel Creche

pennie Newbie

Hi all,
      Hope you are all well. I think I am the newest girl on the block. I live in England but some of your suggestions are quite applicable just have to make it fit to size. However I am a Nursery nurse and I decided that I would take my toys to various events or places for those parents who have difficulty getting childcare. The service is very well needed but hardly anyone uses it so I am running at a loss.

Are there any suggestions as to how to give my business a shake I think my website is quite appealing and would invite you to have a lok at my website. It's www.jadastravelcreche.com.

I love the suggestions that you give to each other and reading it is enjoyable and kind to the eyes.

• Re: Travel Creche
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

Welcome to the community, pennie!

The only time I've ever heard the word "cheche" in the U.S. was in reference to a Nativity scene, so it really threw me the first time I heard it in the UK (of course, I didn't understand the second verse of Mungo Jerry's "In the Summertime" until then, either.) What an intriguing business you have!

I know that marketing over there can be a bit more indirect than here, but for an American parent visiting your website, the key questions would be, "Who, how safe, and how much?" Parents might want to see a picture of Annette and perhaps a more detailed bio of her qualifications. Photos of other staff members interacting with the children might also help. More information about the specific toys chosen, why they are chosen, and how child safety is assured also seems like important information to include. Something that gives an idea of the cost would be helpful, as well -- perhaps by giving an example of a set-up you'd provide at a wedding and how much that would be. (When no pricing information is given, the assumption is very often, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" which may not be true in your case, and may be costing you business.)

If you were a client of mine in the States, I'd be helping you write and submit newspaper articles and TV news story ideas weekly ("How to Give a Baby Massage" "How to Select Toys for Your Child" "How to Engage Your Child in Playful Learning" "How to Set Up a Toddler Group"). The purpose would be to establish you as an expert in the minds of parents (all while subtly marketing your business). I'm not sure that you nearly as many commercial media outlets for all that as we do here in the States, but perhaps it's something to consider and explore.

Hope this helps. Best wishes!
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              pennie Newbie
              Thank you so much Lighthouse24 for responding to my message. I am just trying to think what comes after 'in the summertime 'ah yes it is in the summertime when the weather is high you can stretch right up and touch the sky......' , and LightHouse surely that means something. I have saved your suggestions those were sound ideas, pricing for a creche in this country can come across as very tacky, really I prefer to speak to clients about the facility they would be providing to house the creche and I would of course do a risk assessment before looking after the children, I would need to know how many children there are and the amount of staff required, I take the point of parents seeing what I look like but the service is very important too. When I visit a client I take my credentials with me each person working in child care in this country must have a crb (criminal record documents) each person must be checked out to see if they have any problems working with children, 50% of the staff must be qualified and an inspection of the venue carried out, all this must be adhere to before any work is done but your suggestions are important and I will take on board whatever you have said I am open for interviews too.

Take care
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger
                  I just noticed I typed "cheche" instead of "creche" in my original reply (sorry for typo -- I know you're not selling scarfs!).

As I wrote, I realize that marketing over there is a bit less "direct" than here, so I totally understand your response and desire not to appear tacky.

As for the song, I remember radio stations banning it (especially in the southern U.S.) for promoting drug use. Supposedly, "do a ton or a ton and twenty-five" meant take a LOT of drugs, and "make it good in a lay-by" was referring to "Ulabai" (a drug-induced, catatonic dream state). It made me laugh when I learned what a "ton" and a "lay-by" were in the context of going for a drive in English countryside!

I wish you the best, and hope more ideas are posted.
                LUCKIEST Guide
                pennie, Lighthouse always has great answers. We in America have SCORE and you can visit SCORE online.
                SCORE is a partner to Bank of America and provides FREE assistance.
                There is even a FREE 26 course online seminar at " www.score.org ".
                Hope this helps, LUCKIEST
                1 of 1 people found this helpful