Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2010 11:25 PM by FirstClassCPA

    branch ofice

    Dereshki Adventurer
      I am runing a business in CA. I want do business with Key Bank, but they dont work in CA. I want open adress or branch ofice to work with them. What i need?

      Thank you
        • Re: branch ofice
          FirstClassCPA Wayfarer

          Im not sure if you got an answer for this thread, but most states allow you to register your corporation or llc as a "foreign" entity. What this means is that your entity can transact business in the states that Key does business in. The process is as follows:
          Obtain a certificate of good standing from your original entity state. second, register as a foreign corporation or llc in the state you will do business and send them a copy of the the certificate of good standing and the appropriate fee. They will issue you a certificate. If you are a sole proprietor all you need to do is file a new fictitious name in the county you will be doing business.

          I hope that helps.