Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2008 9:28 AM by puzzleman

Help Needed taking over father's company soon

GApainter Newbie

Well I have seen a lot of positive feedback in this forum and i wanted to give it a try. I am currently 19, going to college and majoring in business administration. My father owns his own painting company and has been pushing hard for about 10 years. I will be joining this company within a year or two in order to turn it into something bigger then what it consist of now. Any advice on major goals to always keep in mind, advice on advertising for this specific business, strategies. We have barely done advertising or anything in particular. All of our jobs have come from excellent job quality and satisfaction from customers.

Thanks for the help!
        • Re: Help Needed taking over father's company soon
          amynwesley Adventurer

Hello, GA Painter. I'm going to take a very wild guess here and say that the GA stands for Georgia. If I'm right then I'm originally from GA although I live in LA know. My name is Amy Wesley. I'm a published author and owner and CEO of Nickels and Dimes Advertising. I'm also 19. Trust me, it gets interesting sometimes. Living on your own and managing two careers at the same time.
          Anyways aside from introducing myself I wanted to introduce my company, Nickels and Dimes Advertising. Nickels and Dimes Advertising designs, creates and prints original brochures, fliers, newsletters and business cards for business and personal use. If you ever need any of those services I would be glad to help you.

Visit my website, www.nickelsanddimes.biz and email me if you have any questions, amy@amywesley.com.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            GA, Being 19, going to college and majoring in business administration is a great start and having a business
            that you can join is a plus. If you need help with advertising, think about SCORE. SCORE is FREE
            To make the business grow you need both a Business and Marketing Plan. In the Bus plan, include a note about the
            excellent job quality and satisfaction from prior customers.
            Good luck, LUCKIEST
              intechspecial Ranger
              To expand you are going to need a strong web presence.

Especially if you expand your current market reach.

A company without a strong web presence is seen as incapable.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

http://www.intechspecial.com
                puzzleman Tracker
                Your father must have been doing some kind of advertising to stay in business for 10 years. The type that you have done is the new catch phrase of "viral". Word of mouth advertising is the best as the person giving the advice to use your company is already held in esteem by the person receiving the info.

Concentrate you advertising on the areas that you want to grow. If it's residential, concentrate on getting to homeowners. If it's new housing, concentrate on builders. If it's commercial, concentrate on building owners.

As far as direction, only you and your father can set the course through a business plan (which you will learn about in school)

Jim