Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 4:12 AM by ShirleyTseng

Need Wedding Dress Manufacturer

wedd12 Newbie
      Hi,

I am currently working on my business plan with the help of my SCORE mentor, and I am desperately looking for manufacturers in the US who make wedding gowns. Though I am located in NYC, manufacturers in the fashion district are extremely hard to find these days, and the ones I found quoted me ridiculous prices + tried selling me the patterns before making me samples!!! I've been calling every single company I can find, but all numbers of manufacturers I found in the US are either disconnected or goes to voicemail (no one ever returned my calls). My mentor suggested me to look for manufacturer in South and North Carolina, but haven't been able to find anyone yet.

I'd like to run a small quantity in the United States first, then later I may consider outsourcing the job to other countries. The materials for my line of wedding dresses are mainly tulle, silk tulle, chiffon, lace, charmeuse and georgette. Once I am ready to order larger quantities, I will need to manufacture crinoline petticoats - and will give the business to same manufacturer that will make my wedding dresses.

Please help me find a manufacturer that can make wedding dresses, preferably in smaller quantities to start.