Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2010 4:39 PM by phanio

Start up Capital needed

Hyper1 Newbie
      This economy has made Business Startups more difficult to qualify for loans and Grants. Could someone tell me the best approach to secure startup capital with less than perfect credit?

There are some companies offering services with no personal guarantee, but this could be more a joke than a possibility. I need real advice and real funding sources that will at least get me started in the right direction.
        • Re: Start up Capital needed
          Tracker

Hyper1:

I recommend you seek out a community member here that goes by the nickname "phanio". He has a site, Business Money Today. He is very knowledgeable about what it takes to secure funding and where to go to get it.

I hope this helps.

Doug Dolan

Small Biz Break (http://smallbizbreak.com)

"simple, Spontaneous, Success"
            Barky Dog Tracker
            Don't know if you heard this or not, but Sam's Club recently announced they are providing small business loans at pretty attractive rates. They will loan up $25,000. The interest rate on that loan would be about 8.32%.

You can find out more about it here: http://www.superiorfg.com/main/sq/SamsClubLogin.aspx?sc=SamsClub

Definitely not recommending just them- but they could be a viable alternative.

-Barky
              phanio Pioneer
              Thanks Doug.

Sam's Club is offering loans - but, through a national banking chain - which still means you have to satify standard banking underwriting requirements. There are several national brands - not just Sam's Club - that are offering loans to their customers.

Usually, if a company wants an upfront fee without a guarantee that those funds will be returned if they cannot help you or that will go to off-set other fees if they fund - then you are right to be nervous.

There are many options for start-up businesses - you have to know where to look. But, it is hard to point you in the right direction without knowing how much you are seeking or what the fund will be used for. If you can answer those two questions, we should be able to help you further.

Business Money Today
              www.BusinessMoneyToday.com