Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2008 2:03 PM by jamdown

Catering for businesses

jamdown Wayfarer
      I would like to know how to get more marketing and business for my restaurant any sugessions, we cater for any occasions but it is getting so slow I need some ideas.
        • Re: Catering for businesses
          LUCKIEST Guide
          We can try to help. First there is SCORE. SCORE is FREE and is a partner to Bank of America.
          Tell us more. You are located in Missouri. Is the restaurant downtown?? Do you serve breakfast?? Lunch??
          How long have you been in business?? Do you have an Accountant??
          You can talk to a SCORE counselor in person or online.
          Online, SCORE has 26 FREE courses including Marketing, Advertising, Promotion and many others to help.
          Under Members you say "It is so hard to keep this restaurant going, I think some people are
          just scared of trying new things. We have been in the paper so many
          times, word of mouth, But I just think running a restaurant is so hard.
          right now we are thinking of selling it. What do you think? any advice.
          This restaurant does so well but...."
          Lets see if we can help you succeed.
          LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            DomainDiva Ranger
            Your title had 'businesses' in it. Get some menus and marketing material printed up with some business cards and start hitting the office buildings. Corporate meetings are often catered to prevent disruption of the discussions.

I advise this because we have our Board Meetings in a Tea Room at an Antique Mall, all of the food service is there so we don't have to break or leave for lunch.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Buffalo Adventurer
              How about an Open House where you would send out invitations to the people you are trying to target. Serve a representative sample of your menu and offer an incentive if they come to the restaurant or use the catering service within a certain period of time.