Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2008 1:50 AM by albertga

Does anyone know?

bomy12 Newbie

Hi all,

I want to organize my small business so I am looking for an affordable PBX
      system that I can communicate to each and every employee and save my lots of
      time and money. Does anyone have any idea that which one is the best and where
      should I go for purchase? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
      in advance!
        • Re: Does anyone know?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Hi 12, A Private Branch eXchange (PBX) is a telephone exchange that serves a particular business or office,
          as opposed to one that a common carrier or telephone company operates for many businesses.
          34, If you google PBX, the first three listings are
          PBX phone system - QUOTES
          PBX phone System
          and FREE PBX Guide
          A good place to start. Good luck, LUCKIEST
            DomainDiva Ranger
            A PBX system is expensive. They are installed by private companies. You say communication is important and I am assuming communication when people are out of the office as well which means a PBX system would then be moot unless there is some kind of call forwarding to hone, or cell phones.

Have you thought about contacting a wireless provider and seeing what kind of deal they can make for you? There are scads of wireless devices on the market now that perform many different functions from MSWord & Excel, to email and internet access. It seems to me that a PBX system is miniting.
              xenopod Adventurer
              I am going to presume you know for sure you need PBX.

Have you considered Asterisk PBX? All you would need then is a computer (it could very easily be a computer several years old).

http://www.asterisk.org/

Then pretty much any telco could set you up with the corresponding services you would need from them.

Don't be afraid to try to tackle this project yourself even if you are not extremely technical there are a lot of tutorials online and large support forums filled with friendly and knowledgable people.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
                arose535 Newbie
                I'm not at all aware of your specific requirements, but if communication with employees is important and they are frequently on the move, you might want to consider a virtual, web-based communications system like GotVmail.com. For less than $40/month you get an 800 number, a local number, numerous voice mail boxes, each individual can set their calls to forward to multiple other phones based on specific times of the day, there is music on hold, an employee phone directory, as well as many other features. It's a great business tool! Just something you might want to look into before making a big investment in a PBX system.
                  albertga Newbie

Yeas! It’s fantastic idea to manage of any small business. I have also a
                  small business and I installed a PBX machine before couple of months from
                  NEOBITS and it works without any problems. NEOBITS offers a wide range of small Business phone systems and designed PBX systems for the small office.
                  You can buy PBX machines according to your required extensions. Hope this help
                  you.

Best of luck!