Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2010 5:02 PM by Mongoose

Guy claims he's a Google Certified Advertising Professional

Barky Dog Tracker

So, I received a call from a guy claiming to be a Google Certified Advertising Professional. I have tried paid advertising on Google before, but the results were poor and the cost for search terms kept going up. I got caught in a bidding war for search terms!

Anyway, I don't usually do business with someone who cold-calls me, but this guy claims that with his services- I will actually pay much less for paid Google search placements.

He wants me to sign a six-month agreement. I will have to pay him a fee every month to "manage" my Google AdWords account. I also have to pay for the actual advertising as well.

You guys heard of this before? Is this a scam, or should I give him a try? Any advice is appreciated.

• Re: Guy claims he's a Google Certified Advertising Professional
          KathleenF Scout
          File a complaint with Google and include the # if you have one. I've never heard of Google doing this before and if that's the case I will be flying to my account and removing my phone numbers. Ugh!
            Mailman1 Wayfarer
            Google does have a certification process. To become certified a person has to pass 2 tests. IMO- regardless of certification, it's all about getting a client profitable results. Ask for references (at least 3) and call each one. I was a sales and marketing manager for years and I never trusted anyone. I always did my due diligence and talked to references.

Done correctly, Google adwords can be very profitable. Do it the wrong way and it can cost a fortune.
              mobikas Adventurer
              Google does provide certification to those who passed the exam in order to qualified for Google Advertising Professional. Don't get caught up with six months contract, they are other professionals that provide the same service without contract. The reason they asked you to sign a six months agreement because it takes about three to six months to really optimized the campaign to full potential but the results are never guaranteed. If you are not comfortable with contract, I would recommend research other professional that do not have contract and speak with at least 3 of their past clients to determine the quality of the service. I have hired advertising professional before, initially they'll charge you for the set up fees(one time fees) to set up your campaing and you have to pay them ongoing monthly management fees and also you have to pay for your own advetising as well, this is the money that you actually spend on advetising. Hope this help.

To those who are already spending money on advertising and already acquiring customer or potential customer, in order to maximize your advertiising effort it's a good idea to capture customer information so you can market to them later on in future. The best way to capture customer information is to engage customer by inviting them to subscribe to your discount offer via text message. This works for almost all businesses, whether online or offline. For example if you run a spa business called SPA99, your advertising message would say

Text GOUPON SPA99 to 368638 For 50% Off Facial Treatment

When customer subscribe to your offer they received promotion discount instantly via text message and later on you can market to them in future by sending them more promotion updates. This way you are actually building your client's database making it easy and efficient for you to market and reach your customer instantly and directly via text message because everyone carry their mobile phone with them most of the time.

You can learn more by going to the link belw: