Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2008 1:41 PM by flowers4u

Floriculture: I really need your help!

virtualdjs Newbie

A friend of mine recently invented a floral item that was described by some of our local florists as the "Post it of the floral industry". It's a great idea, I have had it manufactured. I'm just an investor and handle some of the paperwork. I really need help getting this on the market. We keep getting those interested parties, we follow up until we drop, or that person changes companies and we are back at square one. I know there is a void, I need to find someone who knows the floriculture industry and who is looking for a ground floor opportunity. (Sounds silly I know) How do you find this person? Oh, and here was the idea: www.perfectbouquet.com. Any ideas, help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!
        • Re: Floriculture: I really need your help!
          DomainDiva Ranger
          I checked out the website. What a neat little do dad!!! (sorry) Anyway it came to my mind that people that do artificial arrangements could use these things as well. I sure could have used a few of them about a year ago, I hate that awful green foamy stuff.....

SO......wiht that in mind...lets see; JoAnn fabrics, Michaels, Hobby Lobby. Or just load up the car and take them to florist shops and see if they buy on the spot.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              virtualdjs Newbie

DomainDiva,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, nobody likes the awful green foamy stuff. If you ever need again, let me know and I will send you some samples. We've talked to a number of grocers, I didn't even consider the Hobby / Craft stores. Thanks for the imput. I have made the rounds to the floral shops. Because it is such an inexpensive item, bulk to the florist is better. The florists are in love with them, just need to find a florist who is in love with the item and has a distributor in the family. Thanks for your sugguestions! I really appreciate!
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Welcome to this website. I do NOT know about the "floriculture industry" But have a great suggestion for you.
              I am a SCORE Counselor and SCORE helps people in business FREE. You can visit a SCORE office and
              talk to a live counselor or visit on line. Online SCORE has FREE 26 courses including Developing a Business
              and Marketing Plan, Advertising, Promotion and many others.
              You know there is a void, and you will find someone who knows the
              floriculture industry on this website.
              Good luck, check out SCORE, LUCKIEST
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  virtualdjs Newbie

Luckiest,

That's a great idea, I never even considered SCORE. We did have a plan created by some of our investors as well as some focus groups . . . they retired and that's about all that happened with that. One of the biggest holes I think I need is a someone who is familiar with the industry and know's the formula. I'll take a look at SCORE. Thanks so much!
                  greygoose Newbie
                  Hi my name is franklin metz, and I could help you just give me a call at my cellphone is 917-414-2079 thank you.
                    flowers4u Newbie
                    I am a retail florist. I would Try "Syndicate Sales" company or "Brody" company. These two companies "supply" products to the florist industry. These two are only that two of many, many, wholesale vendors out there. Email me, and I may be able to find you a few more. Hope this helps. Good luck!
                        virtualdjs Newbie

Hi Flowers4U,

Thanks for your help. We have talked with Syndicate Sales at a few times, they like the idea, the only problem, it would hurt their vase sales. One of the things we've discovered is by having a moveable arrangement, there is less need for those throw away glass vases. They make a lot more money on the vases. Clients no long have a garage full of vases collecting dust that distributors make the big bucks on. Candidly I was told, great idea, everyone will get on board, one it's up and already on the market. In the meantime, no reason losing money on vase sales.

I will look into Brody. Any others you have, please feel free to forward them to me matt@matthewweddings.com

Thanks again!