This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2010 12:14 AM by jayamanne RSS

Home based small garment factory

ram123 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I have a intrest in starting a home based small garment factory in Sri Lanka. I have funds to do the investments. I need to know what are the basics when starting the business. And from where I can learn them. Pl advice me.
  • Re: Home based small garment factory
    LUCKIEST Master
    Home based small garment factory

You need a business plan
    <!--Session data-->
    mukundan Newbie
    dear ram,
    i am working on a home based small garment business to re-rehabilitate middle aged sri lankan house maids in sri lanka. some of them have worked in garment factories before becoming house maid. they can use one zig zag sewing machine and one overlock sewing machine , get orders from big garment factories , stitch at home and and deliver to garment factory- earn minimume Rs500.-/day. =average Rs10,000.-/month.

you can buy Brother or JUKI semi-industrial quality durable sewing mahcine, both brands Japanese.
    mukundan
    mukundan Newbie
    for ram 123:
    where are you located? i travel often to sri lanka, if you wish we can partner in the garment factory - i am engineer and have experience in establishing factories, feasibikity studies , project presentation to the banks, government agencies etc. i am in contact with Board of Investment in Colombo.
    i al close to retirement, so my aim is not to make money from this partnership, i can be a small share holder, i have contacts in sri lanka to get workers for the garment factory. main cost is land and building.
    i am from india,mukundan
    Wholesalers Newbie
    Money is no doubt very important to start a business but the experience is something which have worth more than the money in the business I don't think that tyou should start business now if you know nothing about it you have to do dome job or work in the company which is doing the bsuiness which is related to the one you want to start than you will have a clear mind what to do and where to start.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points