Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 12:35 AM by vistasad

retail shop one year new. how do i find investors ? where do i look ?

giorgioa Wayfarer
      retail shop one year new. how do i find investors ? where do i look ?
        • Re: retail shop one year new. how do i find investors ? where do i look ?
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          Do you have a good, solid business plan that shows investors how and when they will make money from your business? If not, that's where you start. You can review other posts on this site and see that a lot of business owners are seeking out and approaching investors before they have anything on paper that would grab potential investors' attention or interest them. Most of the time you get one shot, and if you miss the mark, you generally don't get another. So you really want to make sure you're prepared to really impress them with an excellent plan. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            G, Lighthouse is right. First of all welcome to this group. Please tell us more about yourself and the retail store.
            Where are you located (like City and State). Also why do you need investors and how much??
            Do you have an Accountant??
            I am a SCORE Counselor and SCORE helps peolpe in business FREE. We can help you develop a
            Business and Marketing Plan in person or online.
            Preparing a Bus Plan helps you think through every aspect of your business and investors will want to see it.
            Good luck, LUCKIEST
              moogrdotcom Wayfarer
              What kind of retail? What is your intention for looking for investors? Do you need to get more competitive on pricing and thus need better buying power? Are you trying to expand product lines? Upgrade your store? Move? Re-locate? What would the funds be used for? What is your estimated ROI on an investment/cash influx?

What is your annual revenue? how has your business grown? Do you have an accountant?

Basically the best way to answer all of that is to develop a business plan that you can take to a lendor or investor and let them review your first year in business and see the potential ROI for investing in your store.

Some people have had luck on Prosper.com getting small loans/investors that way. Unfortunately i live in PA and my state is rate capped so its darn near impossible to get a loan but most other states do pretty well!
              • How do I find investors ? Where do I look ?
                vistasad Adventurer
                You already have a business running for a year. That alone is a plus point for investors.
                I presume you have an accountant. Developing a business plan by a consultant can be expensive. One opton is that you could tap students studying business management in a college to outline one for you.
                As for the question where do I look? This depends on the amount you are looking for. Also are you looking for a pure money investment with fixed returns or are you willing to allow in a sleeping partner? At times an upscale golf course may throw up half a dozen investors! Or even owners of successful retail busineses.

As pointed out by others the details you have provided are sparse. One needs to know the range of funds required. The purpose of the funds. Current turnover. Operating margin. Present rentals etc.