Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2008 8:04 AM by Lighthouse24

cdc funding for businesses

vcg6907 Newbie

is there anyone familiar with cdc funding for small businesses and if so, how does it work? i was told that these funds are available to non-profits.
        • Re: cdc funding for businesses
          LUCKIEST Guide

6907, Hope this helps, LUCKIEST
          The CDC awards nearly 85 percent of its budget through grants and
          contracts to help accomplish its mission to promote health and quality
          of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability.
          Contracts procure goods and services used directly by the agency, and
          grants assist other health-related and research organizations that
          contribute to CDC’s mission
          Each year, the CDC awards approximately $7 billion in over 14,000
          separate grant and contract actions, including simplified acquisitions.
          LUCKIEST
          • Re: cdc funding for businesses
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

I guess we should clarify which "CDC" you are referring to. It looks like Luckiest thought Centers for Disease Control, but maybe you meant Citizens Development Corps or Climate Diagnostic Center or Cult of the Dead Cow.

I assumed Community Development Corporations. They have a variety of functions and guidelines, depending on where they're located and who they serve. Most focus on low income housing, but some provide small business training and development assistance, and a few provide funding to non-profit organizations. Your profile says you're in Belleville, IL so if this is they type of CDC you mean, here's a place to start:

http://www.bellevillecdc.org/index.html

Hope this helps. Best wishes.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful