Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 9:40 AM by LUCKIEST

Catering

cateringking Newbie
      i have been intrested in starting a catering company from my home for years but have always been confused by what i really need to start it?

i have the basic idea and menu set working on a business plan but what laws/permits do i need to look into in texas?
        • Re: Catering
          Tracker

caterking:

I used to own a restaurant and now offer business consulting, so I have a couple of ideas for you.

You need to find out what local / county government agency manages food safety training and permits. In my area, the Public Health Department handles it, however, in other areas, I've seen the local Agricultural Departments manage it. You will need to check to see what are their regulations for working out of a commercial kitchen and what food manager / handler permits you will need.

You can go to BizFilings.com and I believe for $99 they can put together a report for you with all the other city, county, state and federal permits, licenses and certifications you will need.

I have a site, Small Biz Break, where you can download free templates and forms to help you focus on the steps to take to starting a small business. The link to the site is below.

If you need more help, as I mentioned at the beginning, I provide consulting services and would love to help.

Hope this helps.

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide (http://thesologuide.com)

Small Biz Break (http://smallbizbreak.com)
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Catering

Welcome. Doug from TheSoloGuide makes some good points.

Who r u?? Where r u?? Go to Members page and share some info
            <!--Session data-->
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Catering

Sorry, To continue, Try SCORE. SCORE is FREE

If you are looking for a mentor to read your business plan, I would be happy to do so.

LUCKIEST
              <!--Session data-->
              1 of 1 people found this helpful