Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2010 11:56 AM by prevail111

Looking for advice on Purchasing a business in Costa Rica

mericksonjr Newbie
      Any information on how to go about this would be helpful. My family and I visited in Dec 09 and have absolutly fell in love with this country. We are unsure of what kind of business to purchase but are looking for something in the tourist industry IE: B&B, small Motel, Restaurant/bar, Property management. We would be selling the things we have here to make a full move to Costa Rica. We are leaning towards something on the Pacific Coast near the Tamarindo area. I am currently a public relations representative for an oil and gas company and my wife is a Deputy Sheriff. We are looking to start a new chapter in our lives. We have 3 kids and they loved visiting Grandpas place in Costa Rica. I would need to attain financing for whatever business we purchased. Is it better to get that here in the states or should I look for some in Costa Rica? I also wouldn't be against accepting Investors either. Any help would be very appreciated we are just starting this process and are unsure about alot of things. Hope someone can help.
      Mike